It’s been a tiring day at the office, and when you get home you may want a long and luxurious soak in a tub, but you also want a massage to relieve you of your sore and tight muscles. You may have to decide what you want to do first. However, are you aware that you can have a soothing massage and a relaxing soak experience at the same time? Yes, you can!
I came up with a list of five air tub reviews that I believe will help you save time and money. I understand how busy you are at work, and you may not have the time or the energy to search for the best air tub for your needs.
Also, you don’t want to spend money on something that you may not like after some time. These five air tubs are the most popular among the bathtubs in the market. Before you make your decision, you may read my list for information.
The Best Air Jet Tubs Are:
|1. Woodbridge 71″ x 31.5″ Freestanding Whirlpool Water Jetted And Air Bubble Bathtub||Check Current Price|
|2. Mesa BT-084 Freestanding Jetted Bathtub||Check Current Price|
|3. American Standard 30"x60" Premium Series Walk-in Combo Whirlpool and Air Spa||Check Current Price|
|4. Woodbridge 67" x 32" Water Jetted and Air Bubble Freestanding Bathtub||Check Current Price|
|5. Empava 48-inch Freestanding Bathtub Air Micro Bubble Hydrotherapy Oval Japanese Spa Tub||Check Current Price|
The Woodbridge Freestanding Whirlpool Water Jetted And Air Bubble Bathtub is resilient, reliable, and durable because it’s fiberglass and resin coated glossy white Lucite acrylic, which many manufacturers don’t use because it’s expensive and entails high production cost.
However, this material makes the tub sturdy and long-lasting. The stainless steel jets are corrosion-resistant and stable. I like that it exudes elegance, and makes soaking time more relaxing.
I also like that the jets are replaceable if in case I want something better. The unique S-curve shape relaxes my neck and back. Its pump motor uses a US safety certified technology and provides stable and firm hydro massage.
Moreover, it has an underwater mood lamp to set the mood. It’s also soothing to the eyes. My only complaint is that the faucet only has a 3/8” line, so it takes a long time to fill up the tub.
- Ten adjustable massage jets and ten bubble bath jets
- Innovative motor technology
- Stainless steel sanitary jets and underwater mood lamp
- Made from 100% high gloss white Lucite acrylic with Ashland fiberglass and resin
- Anti-leak drain and pipe system design
- Excellent heat retention
- Five-year limited warranty on bathtub structural and surface
- One-year limited warranty on plumbing, air blower, and pump parts
- Comfortable yet impressive hydro massage
- Gentle, relaxing air massage
- Optimum soaking experience
- Easy to install
- Excellent customer service
- Faucet line is about 3/8”, so it takes forever to fill up the tub
If you want luxury and function without regard to the budget, you may prefer this Woodbridge tub. It has ten adjustable massage and ten bubble bath jets for a balance between comfort, style, and luxury. It will complement your bathroom decor.
Overall Rating: 4.4
The Mesa bathtub combines whirlpool and air jets and is suitable for a big bathroom because it’s quite a massive corner tub that can seat two people.
I like that it has deep bathing well, see-through glass panel, marble step, and forward-facing design that adds sophistication to the place.
- Eight whirlpool jets
- LED lighting
- Inline heater
- Dual headrests
- Contoured seating
- Handheld showerhead
- 60-gallon water capacity
- Five-year limited warranty
- Excellent customer service
- Can accommodate two people
- Needs two hose brackets to tighten the flexible drain hose beneath the tub
The Mesa BT-084 offers luxurious relaxation and enjoyment in your bathroom. Its fiberglass and acrylic construction is sturdy, so you have an assurance that it will be long-lasting. If you have a roomy area, you may opt for this bathtub to provide the ultimate soaking experience for you and your loved one.
Overall Rating: 5.0
This Premium Series Walk-In Tub from American Standard combines whirlpool massage and air spa systems for the relaxing and warm caress of air bubbles and invigorating massage of water jets.
It’s suitable for people needing water-based therapy, but it’s also beneficial for people who want a relaxing soaking time after a day’s work. I also like that it has a built-in grab bar, a low threshold full-sized door, and a textured bath floor to ensure safety in getting in and out of the tub.
It has the Quick Drain system, which is an innovative design that drains the bathtub in two minutes. However, it’s very pricey but worth the money.
- Low threshold, watertight, and full-sized contoured door for easy entry
- 26 air jets
- Variable speed heated blower
- 13 water jets
- Inline heater
- With Ozone Self-Cleaning Sanitation System to keep the tub efficient and clean
- Easy-touch button controls
- Textured bath floor and built-in safety grab bar
- Bubbly, relaxing, and stimulating massage
- Legs Only Massage option provides a refreshing and soothing therapeutic bathing experience
- Durable and long-lasting
- With safety bars and textured floor for increased bathing independence and peace of mind
- Spacious for comfortable soaking
- Option to choose between left-hand and right-hand tub
If you have an elderly who needs water therapy, you may try this combo tub from American Standard. You may even use it when you want a relaxing and refreshing massage while soaking in your bathtub.
Its safety features are above par from the usual tubs that you see in the market. However, it’s expensive, and you need a professional to install it.
Overall Rating: 4.3
This Woodbridge freestanding bathtub is a combination of water and air jets. Its fiberglass, resin, and acrylic material ensure that it has excellent optical clarity, dimensional stability, and impact strength.
The stainless steel jets are long-lasting, reliable, sturdy, and corrosion-resistant. What I love about this tub is its width and depth that gives me more space while bathing. Moreover, its gentle slope makes my soaking experience more comfortable. Overall, I like its excellent design because it’s sophisticated, reliable, and resilient.
The jets aren’t irritating, and its mood lamp light isn’t harsh. Both features provide a relaxing experience. However, a significant flaw of this tub is that it’s challenging to install. A professional can do the job, but for ordinary people, it’s too complicated.
- Freestanding tub with a combination of the whirlpool and air jets
- Ten adjustable massage jets and ten bubble bath jets
- Innovative motor
- Gentle air massage
- Stainless steel jets with underwater mood lamp
- 100% high gloss white Lucite acrylic with Ashland fiberglass and resin
- Anti-leak pipe and drain system
- Five-year limited warranty on structural and surface
- Combination of the soothing capability of a Jacuzzi and elegance of a soaking tub
- Steady and firm hydromassage level
- Relaxes soft tissues to alleviate pain and promote blood and oxygen flow
- Spacious bathing space
- Durable and sturdy
- Certified by the CSA and UPC in the US and Canada
- The drain may leak when the tub is full
- Challenging installation
This Woodbridge whirlpool and air bubble tub offer excellent features. Its unique S-curve design makes it comfortable to soak and relax. It doesn’t put a toll on the backbone and spiral curve, so at its price range, you’ll get your money’s worth.
Overall Rating: 4.1
I like this stunning soaking tub because it isn’t too expensive. It has a Japanese oval design that makes it look like a high-end bathtub. The spa has a glossy finish because it’s fiberglass-reinforced acrylic.
It’s lighter than a cast iron but durable enough to last a long time. Its all-white design complements any modern bathroom. It provides a relaxing, soaking experience. However, although I haven’t experienced it, some users report that their drain leaks, and it doesn’t include a tub filler.
- 95-piece air jets produce thousands of air bubbles
- ½ HP air pump offers sufficient power to the tub system
- Made from 100% glossy white acrylic
- Freestanding Japanese oval design
- Integrated seat for relaxing soaks
- 55-gallon water capacity
- Three-year limited warranty on parts
- Provides low-pressure massage to soothe the entire body
- Contemporary freestanding design complements the bathroom décor
- Suitable for small bathrooms
- Relaxing feeling for extended soaks
- Drain leaks
- Customer service takes a long time to respond
- Doesn’t include faucet or tub filler
If you find the rectangle-shaped tubs monotonous, you may try this Japanese oval tub from Empava. It has 95 mini air jets that provide thousands of bubbles for a relaxing and soothing bathing experience. However, you have to buy a tub filler because it isn’t part of the package.
Overall Rating: 4.0
Air Tubs Buying Guide
Even though I’ve shared my top five air tub reviews, I also list some factors that you have to consider when you want to buy an air tub.
Size is a significant detail to consider because you have to ensure that it will fit your bathroom. It should be large enough to hold the number of people you like.
You can choose between a drop-in and a freestanding air bathtub; however, your choice will depend on where you will place it.
Electrical and Plumbing Requirements
An air tub holds more water than a regular bathtub, so you may need to hire a licensed plumber for a specialty plumbing connection.
Number of jets
The massaging action depends on the number of air jets in a bathtub. The more sprays it has, the more vigorous the massage will be. You will also pay more if it has more jets.
Some tubs have electronic controls to make them user-friendly. High-end models even have Bluetooth controls to operate them through a smartphone app.
Air tubs are often of acrylic construction, while some models also combine acrylic and fiberglass to make the bathtubs more durable.
Rectangular is a familiar shape among air tubs, while some have oval shapes or rectangular with rounded corners.
I’ve read many air tub reviews when I was searching for a modern tub to replace my old one. I came across the Woodbridge combination air and whirlpool jets, and I like its features. I bought one and had it installed by a licensed plumber. I’ve been using it ever since.
I like the Woodbridge 71″ x 31.5″ Whirlpool Water Jetted And Air Bubble Freestanding Bathtub because of its sturdy and stable acrylic and fiberglass construction. The stainless steel jets give the most relaxing hydro massage I’ve ever had. Its S-curve shape provides support for my neck and back. Although it’s quite expensive, it’s worth its price.