Jazz up your bathroom with a bath mat. It can punctuate the style of the space as well as add more dimension and texture to an otherwise stark and cold room.
It’s not difficult to find a bath mat today. In fact, no matter what home store you go to, you are bound to find one. But if your goal is to turn your bathroom into the most relaxing space in your house, you should take the extra steps in finding the bath mat that can truly provide you with the comfort and style that you need.
Don’t worry because we are here to help steer you in the right direction. We took it upon ourselves to find the best bath mats today. Find out below which bath mats we highly recommend getting.
Why Should You Use Bath Mats?
Are you wondering why you should look for a bath mat? Why is there a need to put it in your bathroom? Here are the reasons why:
1. It makes the bathroom look more attractive.
It’s the little details that bring a space to life. A bath mat can elevate the look of a space. You can use the bath mat to add some extra texture to the floor. You can find bath mats made from shaggy textile materials, chenille, microfiber or plastic material that can offset the starkness of the flooring, especially if you have tiled floors. If you are scared to go for bright-colored tiles or walls, you can inject color through the mat instead. It can be a subtle way to make your bathroom look livelier.
2. It can prevent slipping.
Bathroom floors can get slippery because of the amount of moisture in the room. If you splash water on the tiles, they can become slippery. One way to prevent slipping on wet flooring is to use bath mats. They can be stationed in areas where there usually is a lot of water. Pick an absorbent mat that works in keeping the floor dry.
3. It protects the floor from damages.
It doesn’t hurt to give your bathroom floors the extra protection they need. A high amount of traffic can wear out floors fast, especially if part of your bathroom floor is made from wood. The bath mat can reduce wear and tear from constant traffic.
4. It can serve as protection for your feet against the cold.
In the winter, bathroom floors can get very cold. We don’t know about you, but we don’t fancy stepping on cold floor first thing in the morning. Bath mats can help with that.
Best Bath Mat
After a lot of searching and deliberating, we found these bath mats to be the best among the rest:
- Marbrasse Bath Mat
- Genteele Memory Foam Non Slip Absorbent Bath Mat
- Gorilla Grip Original Luxury Chenille Bathroom Rug Mat
- Flamingo P Microfiber Memory Foam Bath Mat
Find out below why we chose these bath mats:
1. Marbrasse Bath Mat
Aside from the fact that this bath mat is gorgeous, it is also chock-full of amazing features. First, it is a healthy and eco-friendly bath mat that is free from all harmful chemicals and additives. It is completely made from natural diatomite material. This material is found in freshwater lakes. It is known for its soft and light texture. This material has natural abilities when it comes to absorbing odor and moisture. And unlike other bath mats that are soft and plush, this is actually hard. It has a sleeker surface, which is actually great when it comes to providing the best surface when getting out of the shower.
It is one of the best when it comes to absorbent properties. It soaks up water fast and has a self-drying feature. In fact, it self-dries in just mere minutes, so you can keep your bathroom clean and fresh and you won’t have to worry about the appearance of molds or musty odor.
- This bath mat is actually large enough to cover more floor space. It has non-slip properties that allow it to stay in place. You will find this ideal if you have slippery tile flooring.
- It has excellent absorbent properties. It absorbs water fast without getting soaked easily. Its self-drying features ensure that this bath mat will dry up in just mere minutes.
- You have plenty of color choices to choose from. The pastel ones such as the mint and the pink work so well in adding more charm to the bathroom but the muted colors such as the white and grey can keep up with the clean and minimalist look of a room. Go for the blue one if you want to get that beach vibe in your bathroom.
- This mat is completely made from natural materials. If you are concerned about the environment, you definitely will find this mat a sterling choice.
- The antibacterial properties of this mat also makes this a winning option. It maintains its cleanliness, so you won’t feel iffy when standing on it.
- Some wished it is a bit larger.
2. Genteele Memory Foam Non Slip Absorbent Bath Mat
Get the look of luxurious bathrooms but without the cost with this bath mat that is right on the budget. It comes in different striking colors, to make it easier to find the one that suits your bathroom’s design. This bathroom may be inexpensive, but it doesn’t skimp on quality. In fact, it features one of the most comfortable materials around: polyurethane memory foam. Your feet can sink in it for ultimate comfort. The exterior material is made from velvet for that super plush comfort layer.
This bath mat has non-slip properties to prevent shifting and slipping. The PVC dots at the back can keep it in place. It also has excellent absorbent properties.
- This is an excellent, think and plush bath mat that will make your bathroom look like a million bucks. It is also available in different colors, so you can choose the one that fits your bathroom the most.
- The non-slip properties of this mat is great. It really stays in place and doesn’t slip on surfaces. It even boasts of good absorbent properties.
- Say goodbye to cold floor and stiff surfaces with this bath mat that features a memory foam interior. It can protect your feet and keep you comfortable.
- Get this if you don’t want rigorous cleaning and maintenance. It is machine washable and retains its plushness even after many washes.
- This bath mat won’t break the bank.
- Some said the mat become flattered after a year of usage.
3. Gorilla Grip Original Luxury Chenille Bathroom Rug Mat
Add more texture and style to your bathroom with this rug mat that features chenille materials. It is a shag rug, so prepare to treat your feet to some really plush mat. It has a good density to it, making this great in breaking off cold and stark flooring.
This mat also boasts of absorbency. Say goodbye to wet flooring with the help of this matting. The water sinks deeply into it. It also dries up pretty fast.
- This is a well-constructed bath mat. What makes this different from all other mats is that it is tightly woven. There are no gaps in between the materials, so you can truly get a plush bath mat. It is durable as well because of its TPR backing. You can stick it in the washing machine multiple times and not worry that it will fray, or the backing will come loose.
- It has a good size that can cover a wider floor area.
- There are a lot of color choices. You can choose from different colorful or muted hues.
- A lot of people said it has superior grip.
- Some said the comfort of the surface changed after a few washes.
4. Flamingo P Microfiber Memory Foam Bath Mat
This budget-friendly bath mat boasts of the comfort of memory foam and a flannel face. Standing on this rug feels like getting a foot massage. The memory foam provides plush comfort. It also boasts of good absorption properties. It dries fast and prevents molds and mildew from developing.
Its non-slid and no-slip backing makes this easier to use in slippery rooms such as the bathroom. It can be machine-washed and has a good size that is perfect for small to large bathrooms.
- The surface of this bath mat is comfortable. The memory foam works in providing support to the feet.
- The rubber backing is great. It really sticks to the floor and doesn’t absorb moisture well. The surface, on the other hand, has good absorbent properties. Moisture dries up fast.
- It is machine washable.
- It is thicker than many of the bath mats out there.
- This bath mat will not break the bank.
- It is smaller than expected.
Which One Should You Choose?
Eco-Friendly Choice: Marbrasse Bath Mat. This bath mat is what you should look for if you want something more natural and does not emit toxic fumes or contain harmful chemicals that can be dangerous to the health.
Plush Comfort: Genteele Memory Foam Non Slip Absorbent Bath Mat. Are you looking for something plusher? Get this one. This is really a comfortable bath mat to have. It is plusher than others and retains its texture for a long time.
Excellent Grip: Gorilla Grip Original Luxury Chenille Bathroom Rug Mat. This truly delivers when it comes to its promise to have a good grip. Aside from that, it is also well-made and seems to last for a long time.
Like Getting a Massage: Flamingo P Microfiber Memory Foam Bath Mat. Standing on this mat is like getting a foot massage. It really does a great job in providing comfort to the feet.
Get product recommendations on some of the best bathroom essentials to buy today.
Tips in Buying the Best Bath Mat
Buying the best bath mat doesn’t have to be difficult. Here are a few of the things you need to keep in mind if you want to buy the most ideal bath mat for your home:
1. Take size into consideration.
Where are going to place the mat? Identify the location you intended for the mat and then measure that area. Get the ideal measurements of mat you want to place in there. That way, you already have an idea of how big or small the bathroom mat you will choose will be.
2. Choose a material that is absorbent and can provide excellent comfort.
There is a variety of materials to choose from. Some are more absorbent than others. For instance, microfiber bath mat may provide more absorbent benefits than the plastic ones with suction cups. You can also find more advanced materials today such as memory foam. These bath mats work great when it comes to providing cushiony support to the feet. They are great for people with mobility issues, injuries or just great for all-around feet support.
3. Make sure it has anti-slip properties.
Some bath mats already come with anti-slip bottoms. They offer better traction or grip to the flooring, which helps them stay in place. Without anti-slip properties, you might need to get an anti-slip rug and place it underneath.
4. It should be easy to clean.
Can you put it in the washing machine? Does it have a lot of fibers that tend to hide deep particles? Plusher materials such as those shaggy rugs can be more difficult to clean because dirt tends to bury deeper in them. They might also snag when cleaned in a washing machine.
Choose something that is easier to clean and maintain. It should retain its appearance even after many washes. Also look for those with antibacterial properties, so they remain sanitary and clean in between washes.
5. Decide on the style and color of the mat to use.
Think about what color will work in your bathroom. If your bathroom is all white, you can punctuate the minimalist look with a black or grey rug. If you want more color, add some light colors such as pale pink or light blue.
Also decide on your budget. How much are you willing to allot for your bath mat? Make sure you set aside a reasonable amount of money, so you can get a bath mat that won’t fray or fade easily.