Taking a shower is more than just basic hygiene. It can also be an experience to be enjoyed and anticipated. When your showering gets to the level of it being an experience, then you may want to consider installing a dual showerhead. Here we review 9 of the best dual showerheads in the market to help you choose one that will grace your bathroom.
The Best Dual Shower Heads Are:
|1. WaterPik High-Pressure Shower Head XET-633-643||Check Current Price|
|2. Ana Bath Anti-Clog Shower Head SS5450CBN||Check Current Price|
|3. Aquadance Antimicrobial/Anti-Clog Shower Combo||Check Current Price|
|4. Aquadance 7" Premium High-Pressure Rainfall Combo||Check Current Price|
|5. DreamSpa 3-Way Shower Combo||Check Current Price|
|6. AQUABAR High-Pressure Shower Spa Combo||Check Current Price|
|7. Hydroluxe 1433 Shower Combo||Check Current Price|
|8. AquaStorm by HotelSpa||Check Current Price|
|9. DreamSpa Ultra-Luxury 9" Shower Combo||Check Current Price|
1. WaterPik High-Pressure Shower Head XET-633-643 — Best Massage Shower
WaterPik High-Pressure Shower Head XET-633-643 shower is a high-performance shower that we have rated as the best massage shower in the market. This shower delivers a water flow of 2.5 GPM to give you full-body sprays and more.
The dual shower heads feature 12-spray settings, 6 settings on each shower head. The settings also include the PowerPulse shower massage setting which is an advanced showerhead technology that delivers up to two times shower massage force of other dual showers in the market.
Also included is a 3-way diverter valve in the system that allows you to choose between using the mounted 5″ rainfall shower or the handheld shower or use both at the same time. The shower hose attached is 5-feet long.
The advanced OptiFLOW design is included in this shower to optimize water force by efficiently channeling water through the showerhead, even at low pressure.
- OptiFLOW Technology
- PowerPulse Massage
- 5 GPM flow
- 12-Spray Settings
- 3-Way Diverter Valve
- Has a quick and easy installation process
- The powerful massage feature is the most attractive feature of this shower
- Made of durable and easy to clean materials.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- Some users have found the 5-foot hose for the handheld shower being too short especially if you shower while seated.
- There is a slight dip in water pressure if you use both heads at the same time but it is still higher than other showers in the market.
The manufacturer has been in the market since 1962 and its products are recognized for its innovative design and technology. This shower is reasonably priced and comes with two of their best innovations, the OptiFLOW and the PowerPulse features which put this dual shower at the top of the market with a rating of 4.6/5.
2. Ana Bath Anti-Clog Shower Head SS5450CBN — Best Quality
The Ana Bath Anti-Clog SS5450CBN is another highly rated shower head that has been receiving some excellent reviews in the market. The showerhead is installed easily without any need for tools or complicated plumbing and fits any standard shower arm.
Each of the handheld and mounted showerheads feature 5 functions. The water flow is 2.31 GPM each and water pressure of 80psi. The hose attached is 5-foot long made of stainless steel with 2 brass connector nuts. The manufacturer provides the option of getting a longer, tangle free 8- foot hose.
The mounted 5″ showerhead comes with a brass ball joint with an option to choose between 5 functions. You also get a 3-way Diverter Valve that is longer and wider to hold large showerheads.
- Anti-Clog nozzles
- 5″ showerhead with a brass ball joint
- 5″ handheld shower head with an ergonomic grip handle
- Flexible 5-foot stainless steel hose
- Large 3-way Diverter Valve
- Easy and quick to install
- The large Diverter Valve holds large shower heads and comes with an adjustable overhead bracket.
- Optional 8-foot stainless steel hose is long enough to use for kids, people with disabilities and pets.
- Electroplated finishes and metal parts that make it a durable fitting.
- The handheld showerhead gets loose quite quickly after some use and in some cases, it completely comes off.
Although this dual shower is topnotch with a rating of 4.6/5 and goes for the most money in this list, the manufacturer seems not to have solved the issues the users have had with the loose handheld showerhead.
3. Aquadance Antimicrobial/Anti-Clog Shower Combo — Best Hygiene
It’s no debate that having a dual shower that’s resistant to mold and bacteria is attractive. The Aquadance Antimicrobial/Anti-Clog Shower Combo features a Microban Technology that inhibits the growth of mold and bacteria around the nozzles. The showerhead nozzles are also made of flexible rubber that allows easy unclogging of mineral deposits with an easy rub.
Both showerheads feature 6 settings and when used together, you get 30 combined water patterns to give you luxurious shower experience.
The 3-way Diverter Valve comes with a Click-Lever Dial that makes it easy to change from one setting to another. The dial is more durable as opposed to having a lever because of breakage.
- Antimicrobial/anti-clog rubber nozzles
- Adjustable angle 7″ rainfall showerhead and 4″ handheld showerhead
- 3-way Diverter Valve with built-in bracket
- 5″ Stainless Steel Hose and Plumber’s Tape
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Easy and quick installation without tools
- Nozzles feature a Microban Technology to defend against bacteria
- Flexible rubber nozzles that are easy to clean.
- The rainfall showerhead features a wide spray face of 7″ that may cover your whole body. This feature is wonderful for people whose bathrooms tend to be cold.
- The handheld shower does not fit properly in the holder so some users opted to have it removed completely.
There have been a few studies on how infection-causing bacteria thrive in showerhead scum. The Microban Technology feature of this dual shower ensures that no bacteria will thrive in the nozzles especially if you’re not in the habit of cleaning your showerheads regularly. This shower gets a rating of 4.5/5.
If you’re thinking about getting a dual shower as a gift for a loved one, we recommend the Aquadance 7″ Premium High-Pressure Rainfall Combo that comes with a beautiful and classy gift box. The gift box is a reflection of the high-quality standard that has been put into the material and performance of this shower.
This dual shower is made of chrome-plated, high-quality ABS material and stainless steel. The shower meets all the highest quality and performance standards and is covered by a limited lifetime warranty.
The mounted rainfall showerhead has a wide 7″ face and a 4″ high power handheld shower head that comes with a 5-foot flexible stainless steel hose. The nozzles are easy to clean and unclog because of the Rub-Clean Jets feature.
The angle-adjustable bracket allows you to rotate each showerhead at any angle and allows you to use the handheld showerhead hands-free. Each showerhead features 6 spray settings with a combined choice of 30 settings.
- 7″ rainfall showerhead and 4″ handheld showerhead
- 5-foot stainless steel hose
- 3-way Diverter Valve with Anti-Swivel Position Lock Nut and Angle Adjustable Overhead Bracket
- Rainfall showerhead can mount on an extender arm so that it rains from above as opposed to the wall.
- Easy, tool-free installation
- Changes smoothly from one setting to another.
- The rainfall showerhead leaks when using the handheld fitting only which can be a waste of water
This dual shower fitting is quite high and it may be a struggle to change the settings if you are below 6-feet tall. Otherwise, it’s a well-priced high-quality fitting with a 4.4/5 rating.
The DreamSpa 3-Way Shower Combo is a luxurious dual shower that has been touted to give the ultimate spa experience. The shower features a 7″ chrome-plated rainfall showerhead and a 4″ chrome-plated, high-power handheld showerhead with 7 spray settings.
This dual shower also features a patented 3-way Diverter Valve with an Anti-Swivel Lock, fitted on an angle-adjustable overhead bracket.
- 7″ chrome plated rainfall showerhead
- 4″ chrome plated handheld showerhead
- 5-foot flexible stainless steel hose
- 3-way diverter valve
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Tools free easy and quick installation process
- High pressure and excellent water flow
- The 7″ rainfall showerhead gives wide spray coverage even if you shower while seated
- The 5-foot hose becomes short when the fitting is installed. However, an extended hose can be fitted to work with this shower.
This dual shower generally has good steady pressure that is enough to properly rinse out shampoo in long hair quickly. Also, the fitting is lightweight. While it is durable for regular use, we wouldn’t recommend for kids to use it unsupervised.
This dual shower is rated at 4.3/5 which means it is well-liked by the majority of users even if it doesn’t have any special features to make it stand apart from the rest.
The AQUABAR High-Pressure Shower Spa Combo has an amazing 48 combination flow patterns for a pampering spa experience at home. Each showerhead features 6 settings and advanced high pressure 3 zone dial that allows you to change between the showerheads or to use both simultaneously.
This dual shower has a high water pressure and a superior water flow of 2.5 GPM that is perfect for a back massage or a power rinse. The 4″ wide handheld showerhead has the option of being mounted as well as being handheld.
The handheld showerhead is set on an extended arm that allows the showerhead to be 18″ lower than the rainfall showerhead. This extended arm has a rotating holder that moves the showerhead front and back as well as swivel the showerhead around its ball joint. This automatically extends the 5-foot stainless steel shower hose by 18″ which is convenient for washing small kids and pets.
- 48 combined flow patterns
- 7″ rainfall showerhead and 4″ handheld showerhead both plated in a Brushed Nickel finish
- Forward/Back Adjustable Extension Arm
- The revolutionary extension arm brings the handheld showerhead closer for convenient hands-free use and also extends the shower hose
- the 3-way diverter valve switch works easily to adjust between the settings
- The water pressure is amazing even when you’re using both showerheads at the same time.
- The Brushed Nickel Plated ABS material reduces the durability of the shower.
The manufacturer claims that the shower features 48 flow patterns but users have noted that the actual flow patterns are 25. That and the ABS material gives this shower a 4.3/5 rating. This rating could be lower if not for the unique extended arm that has boosted the convenient usability of this shower.
7. Hydroluxe 1433 Shower Combo — Best for the Money
As the name implies, the Hydroluxe 1433 Shower Combo is an ultra-luxury dual shower combo that features 24 full and combined water flow patterns. The flow rate is a powerful 2.5 GPM. You can use both showerheads at high pressure and get a neck and back massage at the same time.
The shower is made of chrome-plated premium ABS which is a compromise material to maintain the low price range of this shower. The shower hose is made of stainless steel and is 5-feet long.
Both showerheads are 4″ wide and each feature 5 settings and Rub-Clean Jets for easy cleaning and maintenance of the nozzles. The 3-way Diverter Valve has a 3 zone Click Lever Dial and an Anti-Swivel Lock Nut to keep the showerhead in place.
- 4″ + 4″ high-pressure combo showerheads
- 5 GPM water flow
- 24 full and combined water flow patterns
- Limited 10-year warranty
- Easy and quick tool-free installation process
- Power massage setting has adequate pressure to relieve the tension in your muscles
- Comes with a great price
- The Click Lever Dial is hard to move and so it may require using both hands to change the settings
- 4″ rainfall showerhead doesn’t offer a wide spray coverage as a bigger 7″ would.
This shower is the best in its low price range. The pressure and water flow are also considered to be excellent. On the downside, the rainfall showerhead is smaller but it is compensated by the high-pressure you get from both showerheads. This shower has a rating of 4.3/5.
AquaStorm by HotelSpa is another budget dual shower head that has excellent ratings. Its quality has been independently tested to ensure that it meets the highest standards.
Both the rainfall and the handheld showerheads have 4″ wide spray faces that feature the Rub-Clean Jets nozzles. Each showerhead also includes 6 spray settings that can be used individually or together for a drenching shower spa experience. You could also choose from 24 full or combined water flow patterns available with this dual shower.
- 4″ Fixed Mount Rainfall Showerhead
- 4″ Handheld Shower
- 3-Way Diverter Valve with Angle Adjustable Overhead Bracket
- 5-foot Flexible Stainless Steel hose
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Comes at a great price for those who want to buy on a budget
- Easy and quick to install the fitting.
- It has an advanced SpiralFlo technology that boosts pressure and water flow performance to give you a powerful 2.5 GPM.
- The hydrating mist setting, when used with hot water, will give you the same effect as a sauna.
- The 4″ rainfall showerhead does not cover a wide spray area
- The handheld showerhead does not offer massage settings as indicated.
This dual shower head is a bargain if you need a quick and easy install without spending too much money. It also has the SpiralFlo which works well if you’ve got low water pressure. The material is lightweight Chrome-plated ABS which some users find not to be durable. This dual showerhead gets a rating of 4.3/5.
9. DreamSpa Ultra-Luxury 9″ Shower Combo — Best Spray Coverage
The final dual showerhead that we’re going to review here is the luxurious DreamSpa Ultra-Luxury 9″ Shower Combo. It comes with some great and hassle-free features. Let us look at some of them.
First, the main rainfall showerhead is an amazing 9″ wide. That means the rainfall covers shoulder to shoulder. Combine that with a powerful 2.5 GPM water flow rate and you’ll have the ultimate drenching rainfall shower.
The handheld showerhead is also extra-large with a 4.75″ spray face. Because of its size, the handheld can also be used as an overhead shower. It also features a push-button that you can use with your thumb to switch the flow settings without hassle.
Another great feature is the angle-adjustable hand shower wall bracket. It lets you position the handheld shower at any level on the wall using a suction pad or an adhesive bracket which is included in the package.
- Extra-large 9″ main showerhead
- Extra-large 4.75″ handheld showerhead with push-button feature
- Angle Adjustable Hand Shower Wall Bracket
- 5-foot Stainless Steel Hose
- The showerhead faces are extra-large which provides wide spray coverage and saves you time in the shower.
- The hand shower wall bracket which is flexible in where you fix it on the wall brings the water pressure closer to your skin. Combine with the push-button feature to give a power massage.
- Has a unique and stylish square design
- It comes with a 2-way Diverter Valve which limits you from using both showerheads at the same time.
This dual shower is great for people who enjoy bath time. The showerheads will give you a luxurious shower experience for a great price. You’ll not want to leave the shower.
This dual shower gets a rating of 4/5 because even with all the great features, the Chrome-Plated ABS materials are not durable. We recommend it if you don’t mind a short term dual shower.
The Dual Shower Head Buying Guide
Before buying your dual showerhead it is important to understand what features are specific to your needs. But first, here is a brief description of what a dual showerhead is.
A dual shower head is a shower fitting that has two showerheads. The main showerhead is usually larger and is fitted on the wall or on an extended arm to position it overhead.
Some of the benefits of having a dual shower head include:
- You’ll get two times the water flow of a normal showerhead. This gives you a larger spray area which is great for people who shower while seated.
- The extra handheld showerhead helps to concentrate water to specific areas of your body. For instance, if you are looking to get a power massage in the shower, the Pulsating Massage feature will work for you.
- The shower hose attachment to the handheld shower is convenient for washing children and pets because it extends the reach of the handheld showerhead.
- Dual showerheads are great for couples who like to shower together. They’ll both enjoy the hot water at the same time.
Features to Consider When Buying a Dual Shower Head
There are many dual showerheads in the market and at the basic level, they share some common features. But there are a few details in the features that are specific to you that may need consideration.
Pressure and Water Flow
This is a major detail that will determine if the dual shower will work or it’s a waste of money. The maximum recommended water flow by the EPA is 2.5 GPM.
If you have low water pressure, you may want to consider getting a dual shower features design and technology such as the OptiFLOW that can boost the water pressure.
Each head of a dual shower features different spray patterns that improve the shower experience. It’s important to understand what the patterns are and which settings will add value to your shower time.
For instance, if you’re showing in the evening to remove weariness, you may want to consider a shower that features a massage setting such as the PowerPulse that you can use to massage your neck and shoulders.
Design and Size
Another important feature for consideration is the size and design of the showerheads. The dual shower fitting needs to fit in the shower stall without taking too much space, especially if you have a tight bathroom space.
Generally, a longer hose is better if your dual shower is mounted high on the wall. It will bring the handheld showerhead lower to wash children and pets.
Large spray faces are more ideal than smaller ones because they provide a wider spray area. Large showerheads also drench the whole body. It will keep you warm if you have a cold bathroom or if you’re showing with a partner.
Dual showers come with two types of the diverter valve. The 2-way diverter allows you to just interchange between the overhead rainfall showerhead and the handheld showerhead.
But if you’d like to use both shower heads simultaneously, you may consider getting a fitting that has a 3-way diverter valve. Also, keep in mind to check the size of the diverter because a larger diverter translates to lower pressure.
The material of the dual shower is most important of all the other features. The construction materials determine the durability and maintenance.
Although the best quality material for this kind of fittings is steel, the ABS material is good compromise material to keep these dual showers down at an affordable price.
We recommend buying from well-known brands and authorized distributors so that you can benefit from the warranty that is provided by the manufacturer.
Maintenance and Cleaning
Finally, you may want to consider the ease of cleaning the showerhead to avoid clogging and the risk of contracting infections from bacteria and mold.
Rub-Clean nozzles are great because you can just rub loose the limescale and mineral deposits and blast them away. We also recommend regular cleaning of the nozzles with a homemade solution of water and vinegar to kill mold and bacteria.
You can also opt for an antimicrobial showerhead that will prevent bacteria and mold from thriving in the showerhead.
We hope this article has encouraged you to upgrade to a dual showerhead and has given you all you need to make the best choice when shopping.
All in all, we recommend the Waterpik High-Pressure Shower Head – XET-633-643 for its quality and high performance. The extra features have been developed to give you hydro-therapy and will transform your shower experience.