Last summer, my husband and I spent $450 on a new kitchen faucet to give our kitchen some oomph after moving to New York. But little did we know that this would be the beginning of our misery. The faucet started failing almost immediately and had broken down completely in 43 short days. It was frustrating to say the least.
At that point, we had to admit to ourselves that we didn’t do enough research on kitchen faucets before buying them. With the average American household spending about five times more time in the kitchen than in the living room, we should pay more attention to what we put in this space.
So next time around, we looked at more products and checked for design, construction quality, and feedback from customers. We ended up with a roundup of the best kitchen faucets available out there.
Our Best Kitchen Faucets Are:
|1. Delta Faucet 9178T-AR-DST||Check Current Price|
|2. Moen Arbor Motionsense Pulldown Kitchen Faucet||Check Current Price|
|3. WEWE Single Handle Pullout Kitchen Faucet||Check Current Price|
|4. Forious Touchless Kitchen Faucet||Check Current Price|
|5. Kohler K-596-Vs Simplice High Arc Kitchen Sink Faucet||Check Current Price|
|6. Kraus KPF-1640SS Kitchen Sink Faucet||Check Current Price|
|7. Moen 7185SRS Brantford Kitchen Faucet||Check Current Price|
|8. Delta Faucet Kate Single-Handle Kitchen Sink Faucet||Check Current Price|
|9. BioBidet FLOW Touchless Kitchen Faucet||Check Current Price|
Sinks and faucets are crucial in giving your kitchen its overall appeal and functionality, since they are used all the time. The tech advancements have found its way to the kitchen faucets, and we have, in this Kitchen faucet review, brought out the top nine best options to revolutionize your kitchen.
1. Delta Faucet 9178T-AR-DST (Best Overall Kitchen Faucet)
The Delta Faucet 9178T-AR-DST kitchen faucet is our top pick because of its impressively beautiful design and functionality. It is available in four impressive finishing options, and if you fancy shiny surfaces like us, the fine spotshield stainless steel will blow your mind.
The faucet is installed with two key parts: one-piece supply line and an embedded ceramic disc of diamond. The design helps to eliminate leaks and reduce seal wear. The result is a flawless look that will level up your kitchen.
Oh, wait a moment – it is not just the exquisiteness and reliability that makes the Delta Faucet 9178T-AR-DST kitchen faucet the best. It also has other impressive features that catapult it way ahead of other faucets.
One of these features is the two water modes that come with ShieldSpray. This means you can either opt for stream water (best when filling water to a container) and spray form (preferred for washing and rinsing utensils). The Shield Spray technology makes cleaning more effective because it has approximately 90% less splatter.
- Deck mounted
- 3 AA batteries required
- Available in Chrome, Arctic Stainless, Matte Black, and Venetian Bronze finishes
- The faucet automatically turns the water off if it is left flowing or your pet accidentally turns it on. This means that with the faucet, you can relax without worrying about flooding or the bill hitting the roof.
- The LED light makes it easy for you to know the water temperatures. It turns blue when cold, magenta when warm, and red when hot.
- It uses an impressive magnetic docking system that snaps the sprayer to avoid drooping. This is a great way to prevent damage, scratches, and wearing.
2. Moen Arbor Motionsense Pulldown Kitchen Faucet (Best Pull Down Kitchen Faucet)
Mention the term Moen and many developers will immediately associate it with top-rated sanitary products, especially the kitchen faucets. Moen Arbor Motionsense Pulldown Kitchen Faucet stands out because of its unique sleek curvature and flawless finish that makes it ideal for modern kitchens.
We were impressed by the faucet’s smooth lines and spot-resistant stainless steel finish. This finish makes the faucet a perfect addition for busy kitchens and families with kids. What a great way to combine practicality with style!
Another awesome feature of Moen Arbor Motionsense Pulldown Kitchen Faucet that you are likely to find very useful is the Power Clean spray head. The design makes it possible to enjoy more burst pressure with the touch of a button. This makes it ideal for filling jugs fast or cleaning things faster.
If you have an extensive kitchen sink or countertop, this faucet will come in handy because of its built-in reflex system. This implies that the spray hose can move freely when washing or cleaning items beyond the sink.
- Deck mounted
- 6 AA batteries required
- It uses MotionSense technology that offers an impressive touchless experience.
- The faucet uses Moen’s Duralock Quick-Connect Installation System that helps to simplify the process of installation. You neither need special tools nor expert plumbers.
- Since it is constructed with metal, the faucet is strong and longer-lasting. Indeed, it can last as long as a standard faucet.
- The faucet MotionSense system is powered by batteries that will require replacement when they start running low.
3. WEWE Single Handle Pullout Kitchen Faucet (Best Single Handle Kitchen Faucet)
If you are searching for a top-notch single handle kitchen faucet that will not disappoint, WEWE Single Handle Pullout Kitchen Faucet is one of the best options. This faucet has an impressively modern and fresh design that will update your kitchen’s look. We were shocked by some of the high tech features such as the water-flow pause option that is common in more expensive faucets.
The faucet is designed with a multifunctional outlet water effect so that you can select the best option depending on your preference. For example, you should consider using the stream option when filling a glass, and select spray mode for rinsing dishes or clearing debris.
One faucet mode that we found unique is the pause option that is ideal for preventing unwanted splash. The three water head options work well with the single lever handle that gives you total control over both flow volume and water temperature.
To make the faucet more practical, WEWE designed it with a high arc spout that allows you more working space on the sink. Besides, it has a 360-degree swivel that helps you to work from any side.
- Single-Hole Deck-Mount
- No battery
- Brushed nickel
- The faucet is easy to maintain because of its impressive corrosion-resistant finish.
- It is also easy to use by simply using a single lever to control both temperature and flow.
- The faucet utilizes the ceramic valve that is both effective and long-lasting.
- The faucet is very cheap.
- It does not have touchless capabilities.
4. Forious Touchless Kitchen Faucet (Best Budget Touchless Kitchen Faucet)
The touchless kitchen faucet technology has become the norm in kitchen fixtures. But the truth is that most touchless kitchen faucets in the market are expensive. However, this Forious Touchless Kitchen Faucet stands out because of its impressive design and features, yet it is offered at a very low price.
Forious Touchless Kitchen Faucet will be a great addition to your kitchen, whether modern or classic. One, it has a 360-degree swivel spill sprayer that makes it possible to do two work even in the entire kitchen desktop. Further, the spill sprayer makes it easy for you to easily change from spray to stream when collecting water into a container.
The faucet uses an infrared sensor that is positioned at the base to make turning water on and off easy. The sensor uses four AA batteries that take about two years before requiring replacement. We found this to be very convenient since you can relax without worrying that the battery charge will be depleted soon.
In line with the Forious goal of delivering value to you, the faucet is constructed using copper for extra durability. It is also sold with a lifetime warranty.
- 4AA alkaline battery
- Brushed nickel
- The faucet is very easy to install, even without using an experienced professional.
- It is very flexible –works with both one and three-hole sinks.
- Although the batteries last over a longer time, you will still need to eventually replace them.
When we first set our eyes on the Kohler K-596-Vs Simplice High Arc Kitchen Sink Faucet, our expectations were high because of its stellar ratings. The faucet did not disappoint! We were very impressed by its stylish appearance with the high arc that allows you plenty of working space in the sink.
Another selling point that makes K-596-Vs Simplice High Arc Kitchen Sink Faucet standout is its impressive three function spray head – sweep, boost, and stream. Sweep spray uses angled nozzles that generate a powerful water-blade ideal for rinsing dishes.
If you are drawing water from the faucet, the boost feature in the head will come in handy by increasing the flow rate by up to 30%. The boost feature works very well with the pull-down design in order to complete tasks some distance from the sink.
To make the faucet more effective and keep your kitchen looking organized, it uses the DockNet magnetic docking system to lock the spray head when not in use. To deliver even more value to you, Kohler uses a ceramic disc valve that reduces the risk of leaks.
- 3-functions: stream, spray, and sweep spray
- Kohler sells this faucet with a limited lifetime warranty to guarantee you peace of mind.
- The pull down system makes it easy to control water movement using one hand, which is very convenient when preparing food or rinsing dishes.
- In addition to the faucet having an average price, its flexible supply line and hookup system makes it easy for you to install without hiring a plumber.
- The spray head does not retract automatically when water is switched off.
The Kraus KPF-1640SS is one of the best kitchen faucets out there because of its uniquely streamlined design and flexible functionality. This implies that whether you want to strike a complicated or traditional theme in your kitchen, this faucet will not disappoint.
The faucet comes with a dual-function spray that allows you to change from a powerful spray to an aerated stream with a simple push of a button. The aerated stream is recommended for doing dishes and removing stubborn stains while stream mode is preferred when filling water to a jug or pot.
To make using the faucet more enjoyable, it has a pull-down spray head that allows you to work the entire kitchen counter or clean dishes outside the sink. Besides, the faucet uses a magnetic docking system that holds the spray head in position when not in use.
- Dual-function pull down spray head
- Stainless steel
- The faucet has a 360-degree swivel that makes it easy to use all sides of the sink.
- It is designed with rubber nozzles that are easy to clean and, therefore, ideal to use even with hard water.
- It is designed with a high arc so that you can have ample working space in the kitchen table or workbench.
- The faucet is available only in chrome and stainless steel finishes.
When Moen started working on the 7185SRS Brantford Kitchen Faucet, the primary focus was perfection, and they did not disappoint. The faucet is designed with a stainless steel finish that makes it ideal for a high-traffic kitchen or one with children because maintenance is simple.
One feature that we found to be very impressive in this faucet is the retractable head that provides impressive flexibility. The additional hose implies that you can easily extend to clean items that cannot fit in the sink. The reflex system releases the hose very fast so that you can accomplish tasks even on the far end part of the kitchen counter.
Another impressive feature of the faucet is the Power Boost technology that makes the faucet really fun to use. By simply pressing the Power Boost button, water performance is improved making it easy to fill vases and pans or remove stubborn messes.
What style do you prefer for your kitchen? The 7185SRS Brantford Kitchen Faucet is versatile and will work well in your classic or modern kitchen.
- Stainless steel
- The faucet is very easy to clean and maintain because of its impressive spot resist finish.
- The faucet is designed by a brand that is committed to quality. To guarantee users high value, the faucet is also sold with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Its design is flexible so that you can install with either one or three holes.
- It is not recommended for homes that have hard water.
During this Kitchen faucet review, we found the Delta Faucet Kate Single-Handle Kitchen Sink Faucet to be an outstanding option when you want a lasting faucet without compromising style.The available finishes were chrome and stainless steel, both irresistible because they match well with most kitchens.
To make the faucet extra durable, it is designed with Diamond Seal Valve that has an embedded ceramic disc. This means that you can rest without worrying about leaks or wearing of seals. We also liked the fact that the faucet does not require any lubrication.
Another feature of the faucet is its dual-spray head option that makes it easy to change from stream to spray. The spray mode is recommended when washing dishes or clearing debris from food, and the stream form for drawing water to a pot.
- Stainless steel
- The faucet has a reliable docking system that helps to rest the spray head in place when not in use.
- It is one of the easiest faucets to install and works well with both one-hole and three-hole sinks.
- It comes with a lifetime limited warranty.
- It is only available in two finish types – chrome and brilliance stainless steel.
When you look at the top brands in the kitchen faucet niche, BioBidet is one of the most outstanding because of the brand’s commitment to quality. This was the case with the BioBidet FLOW Touchless Kitchen Faucet that is designed to work in any kitchen.
The most notable feature of this faucet is its impressive motion-sensing system that is located at the base. This implies that you can easily turn the water on or off by waving. Besides, we liked its simplicity, which means no learning curve is needed even when you have visitors.
One interesting thing we found with the faucet is that the sensor will not be easily turned on by pets such as cats. While you only need to wave to the faucet to turn it on, it will not respond to pets meaning you won’t have the taps accidentally turning on.
The faucet features a spray head that can be extended to reach areas outside the sink. This is crucial, especially when doing a lot of dishes or working in pairs. You will love the simplicity of working with the spray head because it turns on automatically when extended and off when retracted.
- 4AA batteries
- Brushed nickel
- The faucet is designed to work with most types of sinks.
- It has an automated water-saving feature that turns the flow off when water is left flowing for three minutes with no activity.
- When the batteries run low, you have to replace them to enjoy touchless capability.
The Best Modern Kitchen Faucet Buying Guide
The best kitchen faucets featured above can help you to narrow your choices down to a few that have been tested and proven to deliver impeccable results. But even with this kitchen faucet review, whether you are working on a new kitchen or replacing the current faucet, it is critical to be clear about what you need.
There are many things that you have to factor if you are in the market for a kitchen faucet that will meet your needs. For example, you need to pick the faucet with the perfect finish to match other installations. Also, it has to fit onto the kitchen counter or sink. Here is a comprehensive guide to picking the ideal faucet for your kitchen.
The Different Types of Kitchen Faucets
The first step to picking the best faucets is to understand the available types and how they work. This will help you to select the model that matches your sleek kitchen, tall/short pots for easy cleaning, and targeted sense of style. So what options are available for you? There are six types of faucets that you can install.
- Pull-out and pull-down faucets: These faucets are designed with a sprayer to help simplify your operations in the kitchen. The pull-out faucets are designed for pairing with smaller sinks and are less common. However, the pull-down faucets are highly coveted, especially for the large kitchens, because of impressive features.
- Hands-free/ touch-free faucets: These faucets use the latest technology to help you operate without touching them. This makes them more sanitary because the danger of passing germs is low. Most of the touch-free faucets have infrared sensors that require you to simply wave your hand to turn the water flow on or off.
- Single Handle: These faucets are engineered to use a single lever for controlling the water temperature and pressure. The faucets are the most popular on the market today. They are also available for both single and two-hole installations.
- Two handle faucets: As the name suggests, these kitchen faucets are constructed with two levers – each for different temperatures. To mount these faucets, you need two or more holes.
- Two handle wall Mounted faucets: These faucets work just like the two-handle model discussed in (4) above. But instead of being mounted on the sink or kitchen-top, they are fitted on the wall.
- Water filters: Today, the design of faucets has advanced so much, with some models coming with additional compatible accessories. For example, there are some faucets designed to work directly with water filters. These are recommended when hard water is an issue. Brita tap filter is a good choice.
When you purchase a kitchen faucet, it will be fitted on the mounting holes of the countertop or sink. Therefore, it has to fit. The design of the faucet, its pipe work layout, is referred to as faucet configuration.
If there are additional holes, they are not a big issue because you can simply place a blank panel on them, but the most scintillating finish requires a matching faucet.
In many cases, faucets only need one hole because pipe work is connected via a center hole and water temperatures mix in the spouts. But if your sink is designed with two holes, the perfect faucet should have two holes. This means that cold and hot water pipes join the faucet in different lines.
Notably, you can even get a faucet with a 4-hole configuration. In such cases, the faucet is designed with three main holes and an additional one used for accessories like a soap dispenser. The 4-hole faucet is ideal for big sinks.
Faucets come in diverse styles so that you can select the one that compliments your kitchen well. You should go for the faucets that will enhance the functionality and appeal of your kitchen.
Notably, most styles are narrow to avoid taking too much room. A faucet designed with a taller spout makes it easier to get over tall pans and pots. But if you need ample clearance, go for tall spots that feature gooseneck style.
Swivel style faucets, once installed, will serve as an important accessory for your kitchen since it allows moving of the entire spout to give more room. You will find this style very useful, especially for dual bowl sinks.
What about if you prefer contemporary style? In this case, you should consider going for wall-mounted styles. As the name suggests, the plumbing is concealed behind the wall. This provides a better option to locate the faucet at the preferred height so that you can easily do pots of any height.
The Faucet Finish
When it comes to the faucet finish, you should look for a design that enhances the appeal of the kitchen. Luckily enough, there are many types of finishes that you can choose from, no matter your preferred outlook.
One of the most popular types of finishes is the polished brass that provides a timeless look. But you need to appreciate that although brass is highly durable and easy to clean; polished-brass faucets are very expensive.
If you do not want to go for the polished brass, a close alternative is satin brass. Instead of giving a bold book that is characteristic of the polished brass, it has a softer outlook.
It is becoming one of the most preferred options for new homes. Note that since satin finish is matte, it does not show scratches or fingerprints, and you do not have to worry about keeping it polished.
If you prefer to give your kitchen a traditional style, it is advisable to go for oil-rubbed bronze. The darker colors provide an impressive resemblance of white units, which implies they are easy to clean.
Notably, there are cheaper options for picking oil-rubbed bronze finishes, such as nickel and chrome. Polished nickel has a darker appearance compared to chrome, and provides an impressive finish at a low cost.
The Faucet Construction and Valve Model
For many people, a kitchen faucet is a long-term accessory expected to last for many years. As you pick your preferred faucet, you need to have a clear idea of how long it will last. The lifespan of the faucet will be determined by the material used to construct it and valve style.
The better faucet valve model is the ceramic disc. Although this valve operates like the compression valve, it utilizes ceramic parts that are more durable. You will like the faucets using this type of valve because they require very little maintenance.
When evaluating the faucet construction, make sure to also focus on the materials used to design the valves. Valves designed with stronger materials are long lasting. Some common materials used to make the valves include plastic and metal.
The Top Brands in the Market Today
One method of narrowing down to a great kitchen faucet is selecting the model designed by top brands. Here are the top brands that have cut a name for designing high-quality brands.
Delta has stood out as a leader in the kitchen faucet niche over a long period. They have faucets for all budgets and their models come with limited warranties. Their products are also known for their simplicity and durability.
Danze has been working hard to outdo top brands in the market by focusing on quality. Like Delta, Danze has all types of faucets, including traditional, transitional models, contemporary, and modern designs. Notably, these Danze faucets are pricier compared to those from competing brands on the market.
Although AquaSource products might not be available in most stores downtown, they are sold in top online retailers such as Amazon. In addition to designing high-quality kitchen faucets, you will like them for being pocket-friendly. Like Danze and Delta, they have faucets of all designs.
At some point, you are likely to have heard about Kohler. The brand boasts of a wide range of faucets for all budgets. Besides, their faucets have impressive warranties that you need when investing in a long-term kitchen facility. You will also like their customer support that is aimed at enhancing customer satisfaction.
If you are searching for a unique faucet, one of the top brands to go to is Brizo. They focus on designing faucets that can bring your kitchen to life. The brand has also stood out for its commitment to giving back to the community. Their faucets are available in many online and conventional stores.
Selecting a kitchen faucet is an integral part of defining the theme and style of your kitchen. The secret to picking a great kitchen faucet, as brought out in the comprehensive guide, is knowing how it works and sticking with top brands.
As such, you need to go for the best to achieve your kitchen branding goals. The kitchen faucet reviews above focused on best pieces that are designed by top brands, have cool features, and perform well.
But although all the faucets highlighted in the reviews above are awesome, we have to mention that Delta Faucet 9178T-AR-DST is the best kitchen faucet we’ve come across. Well, it is not just about its fine SpotShield stainless steel (no doubt awesome), but because of its unique design and high functionality!