There’s nothing else more desirable than a good shower at the end of a long and tiring day. It’s like magic the way a couple of minutes under a shower can change your mood, refresh you, relax you or rejuvenate you. All these feel-good vibes can be amplified by a good massage showerhead so that as you unwind you get to relax your tight muscles and improve your sleeping habits as well.
How is a massage showerhead any different from the normal showerhead? A lot of it is in the water pressure and the spray settings.
We’ve taken time to analyze some of the massage showerheads in the market and we are so pleased that we can share them with you. Hopefully, these reviews will help you get the best massage showerhead for yourself.
The Best Shower Heads for Massage Are…
|1. YOO.MEE High-Pressure Handheld Shower Head||Check Current Price|
|2. Culligan WSH-C125 Shower Head with Massage||Check Current Price|
|3. Speakman S-2005-HB Hotel Anystream||Check Current Price|
|4. Aqua Elegante 6 Function Luxury Shower Head||Check Current Price|
|5. Waterpik High-Pressure Powerpulse||Check Current Price|
|6. WantBa 6" Fixed High-Pressure Massage Showerhead||Check Current Price|
|7. Niagara Conservation Handheld Showerhead (N2935CH)||Check Current Price|
1. YOO.MEE High-Pressure Handheld Shower Head —Our Recommendation
The YOO.MEE High-Pressure Handheld Shower Head comes with 3 settings specifically designed for massage. A Powerful spray to pound away the tension, the Massage spray to soothe away the stress of a weary day. Or, you could choose the Combination spray setting to awaken your senses and refresh you for the day ahead.
Are you having low water pressure nightmares in your bathroom? This showerhead might just be the perfect solution for you. This showerhead will instantly increase the spray pressure even though you have low pressure coming in. This pressure is enough to relieve the pain of tired muscles. It’s definitely what the doctor recommended.
- Powerful spray pressure
- Silicone rubber jet nozzles
- 3 massage settings
- Brushed nickel finish
- The powerful spray automatically increases the pressure against a low-pressure water supply.
- Has 3 massage settings that you can adjust to give you a full body massage
- Stainless steel hose that you can use to concentrate the massage on a specific area.
- Wall bracket to hold the showerhead is not included in the package.
This is one of the best handheld massage showers in the market. It has excellent ratings all round at 4.7/5. The installation process is quite easy and their customer service is excellent in case you get stuck. The water pressure you get from this showerhead is so high, they even include a Flow Regulator in the package in case you feel it is too much.
2. Culligan WSH-C125 Shower Head with Massage — Best for Hard Water
The Culligan WSH-C125 Shower Head with Massage is a rainfall showerhead that offers much more than a massage. But first, let’s have a look at its massage settings.
This showerhead offers a choice of 5 spray settings. This includes an invigorating pulse setting that will massage and relax the muscles. The water flow of this setting is quite intense and is suitable for an all body massage.
If you’re struggling with hard water, there is some good news here. Besides offering an intense massage, this showerhead also features a high standard water filtration system. This system has been designed to reduce up to 99% of chlorine levels and limescale. This showerhead will also reduce the damaging effects of hard water on your skin and hair.
- Filtration System incorporated in the showerhead
- 5-Spray settings
- Anti-Clog Rubber Spray Nozzles
- 0 GPM
- Easy installation on any standard shower arm.
- A filtration system that softens the water, kills bacteria and reduces the levels of limescale. Reduced limescale levels will extend the durability of the showerhead.
- Easy to clean rubber nozzles
- Cannot switch between the spray settings while water is running.
This showerhead offers a refreshing shower and intense massages. It has the added advantage of a water filter that will soften hard water and remove impurities. Take care of your muscles and at the same time your skin and hair. We give a rating of 4.1/5.
3. Speakman S-2005-HB Hotel Anystream — Best Rainfall Shower Head
With its simple and modern design, the Speakman S-2005-HB Hotel Anystream Shower Head will complement your other bathroom fittings. It will also bring the luxury hotel spa experience right into your home.
If you generally have low water pressure, you may want to consider this showerhead. The showerhead features self-cleaning plungers that build and intensify the water pressure of the 50 customizable water sprays. Apart from these, the showerhead also has 8 center massage jets to deliver a powerful massage.
Another great feature is the Anystream 360-degree Technology that allows you to transition easily between the settings by evenly distributing the water flow which also maintains the high water pressure.
- A contemporary design that features clean lines
- Anystream Technology that adjusts the spray settings
- Polished chrome finish
- 5 GPM
- A great solution for low water pressure because it has plungers that optimize water pressure.
- Low maintenance on the showerhead because the plunges are self-cleaning.
- A choice of 50 drenching water sprays and 8 pulsating massage jets.
- It has a wide spray coverage for those quick showers.
- The showerhead easily gets blocked if you’re using hard water. However, this can be maintained by regular cleaning every couple of weeks.
Some of the favorite massage settings that have given this shower head a rating of 4.7/5 include the Intense massage setting. This setting is a sensual experience that will leave you feeling tingly. It is a barrage of pounding water that will relieve the tension in your muscles and leaving you feeling clean and relaxed.
4. Aqua Elegante 6 Function Luxury Shower Head — Best for Low Pressure
The Aqua Elegante 6 Function Luxury Shower Head delivers a high volume of water for a quick invigorating shower. The showerhead features 6 spray settings to suit your shower mood. Choose the pulsating massage setting to relieve tense muscles or the saturating setting for a whole-body treatment. The slow flow setting will gently massage your scalp while rinsing your hair.
This showerhead features silicone self-cleaning nozzles that are shaped to jet the water flow. It is manufactured with a thick layer of ABS material that is resistant to rust and corrosion. Though it’s lightweight, this showerhead can withstand physical impact such as a fall without breaking.
- 6 spray settings
- Silicone nozzles
- Oil-rubbed bronze finish
- 5 GPM water flow
- Easy to install
- Has excellent water flow that is consistent in all settings
- Made with a thick layer of ABS Thermoplastic
- Adjustable showerhead to any angle
- Some users noted that the showerhead has only 3 discernable settings and not 6 as indicated by the manufacturer
The water pressure of this showerhead is high and consistent enough to wash away a stressful day. It may not realize the full 6 settings but you will get at least three settings to do the job. This showerhead is highly recommended with a 4.8/5 rating.
5. Waterpik High-Pressure Powerpulse — Best Handheld Massage Shower Head
Next on this list is the Waterpik High-Pressure Powerpulse Massage Shower Head. This showerhead features advanced OptiFLOW showerhead technology to maximize water flow and force that will give you a great massage shower experience. This powerful showerhead is also detachable and it comes with a 5-foot shower hose for your convenience.
The head is 4″ wide and features 7 full and combination spray settings. This includes PowerPulse Massage, a revolutionary showerhead setting that delivers up to 2 times the water force of other showerheads to give you a deeper, more rejuvenating massage.
- 4″ wide showerhead
- 7 spray settings including Powerpulse massage
- OptiFLOW design technology
- 5-foot shower hose
- The massage settings deliver powerful and deep massages. It is a great feature for those with chronic back pain and muscle aches
- The OptiFLOW feature boosts water pressure and water flow to maximize your shower experience.
- Easy to install and comes at a good price
- The shower hose is made of plastic which is rigid and breaks easily
The PowerPulse massage setting has revolutionized the massage showerheads industry. It is a feature above the rest when it comes to the water force required to give a deep massage. However, they seem to have cheapened out on the quality of materials used for manufacture. Because of this, they get a 4.4/5 rating.
6. WantBa 6″ Fixed High-Pressure Massage Showerhead — Best Quality
If you’re looking to get a luxury hotel quality showerhead, the WantBa 6″ Fixed High-Pressure Massage Showerhead may be an excellent choice. This showerhead is of the same grade and quality as you would find in a luxury hotel. So you can be sure that the pressure will be excellent.
The showerhead features a 6″ wide face that can be easily disassembled to remove the nozzles for thorough cleaning. The head sits on a metal swivel ball that allows you to adjust the showerhead to your desired angle. If you’re looking for a body massage shower, this 6″ showerhead will give you wide spray coverage. The spray doesn’t fan out but you’ll not be shifting your body around in the shower to get water.
You’d think that only small showerheads are capable of producing a constant pressure for massage. Amazingly, this showerhead proves that even a wide showerhead can produce a constant, high-pressure spray to give you a good massage.
- 6″ Rainfall showerhead
- Adjustable metal swivel ball
- 5 GPM water flow
- Removable flow regulator
- Wide spray coverage to the whole body
- Consistent high pressure to give you a good massage
- Removable face and nozzles for easy cleaning
- High-quality showerhead for a good price
- If you’re looking for a spray that fans out, we’d not recommend this showerhead.
This is a high-quality showerhead if you’re not water massaging a specific part of your body. Also, the spray coverage is a mixed bag, good for some people and not so great for others. It gets a rating of 4.5/5.
7. Niagara Conservation Handheld Showerhead (N2935CH) — Best Budget Product
So you want a great showerhead with excellent pressure to massage your tired muscles but at the same time, you’re concerned about conserving water? The Niagara Conservation Handheld Showerhead (N2935CH) may be a great option for you and here’s why.
Also known as the Earth Showerhead, the Niagara Showerhead produces a consistent, even flow of water that is delivered in a vacillating spray that requires less water usage. This feature allows you to conserve water and at the same time enjoy a luxurious massage shower.
This showerhead has a water flow of 2.0 GPM which is a good pressure for a massage shower. It features 3 spray settings that you get by rotating the face 270 degrees clockwise and back. The good thing is that the settings are not definite. You can set the spray and force that you want by tuning the face between spray and full massage settings.
- It’s a bargain
- 6-foot stainless steel shower hose and bracket
- 3 spray settings
- It conserves water while also producing an even flow of water.
- Has good pressure even if your water has low pressure
- Extra-long shower hose that is convenient to use in a bathtub
- Of all the showerheads we’ve looked at here, this one comes with the best price of them all.
- It has an oval-shaped bracket that holds the showerhead firmly in place when the high pressure is turned on.
- Some users have noted that the showerhead leaks at the connection points.
If you’re in an RV or in a situation where water is limited, this showerhead could be a great choice for you to consider. It is also very well priced if you’re on a budget but that also means that the quality of materials used may not be so durable. It gets a rating of 4.3/5.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Massage Shower Head
All these are great shower heads and no doubt you will come across many other good ones. But before you commit your precious money, you may want to consider a few guidelines to make your purchase worthwhile.
The first thing you may want to consider is your water pressure. If you’re getting water from the city mains, water pressure may not be such an issue. It’s a big problem if your water is from a well or you’re not getting enough pressure for some other reason.
For the massage shower to make sense, the water needs to flow with force. So you may want to consider getting a showerhead that has some extra features that can boost or optimize the water pressure.
Hard water is a problem not only to showerheads but to all bathroom and kitchen fittings. It is a big issue to consider because the mineral deposits in hard water will significantly reduce the durability of your showerhead.
A large spray coverage would be a perfect feature if you were just looking for a normal showerhead. For a massage showerhead, however, a smaller, more concentrated jet spray is more effective. Even if you do get a wide showerhead, you’ll notice that the spray coverage doesn’t fan outwards as normal showerheads do.
It’ll instead direct the spray inwards the further it goes. The logic of this is that a wider coverage would reduce the pressure somewhat while the whole idea is to concentrate the force of water enough for it to massage you. So, don’t worry if the massage showerheads have a smaller face, they’re more effective that way.
The showerhead settings are another feature to consider. Some shower heads come with many settings while others have just 3 settings or none at all. The ones with fewer settings will be much more accurate than the ones with impressive numbers of settings.
That is because, from experience, there isn’t much noticeable difference in the flow of water between one setting and the other. There’ll probably be two or three noticeable differences but that’s just about it. You might be better off getting a showerhead that has settings specifically designed for massage.
Fixed or Handheld
Fixed or handheld shower head? That kind of depends on your bathroom. Are you in a tub? A handheld showerhead with a hose might be more convenient than a rainfall showerhead. Also, is the massage shower for soothing tired muscles?
Finally, look at the price and consider how much you’re willing to spend on the showerhead. All of the ones reviewed here come at a great price but you may want to verify that whichever one you decide on will be a good value for your money.
There are many benefits to having a massage shower. It is therapy and a retreat from the stress and anxiety of everyday stuff. It is a time for relaxation, to relieve tension and to soothe weariness away. A shower massage can also help manage insomnia and help you sleep better.
Whichever the case, the YOO.MEE High-Pressure Handheld Shower Head is the best showerhead to do the trick. It is specifically designed with massage settings and enhanced pressure boosting features to deliver the perfect shower massages.