I usually clean my shower first when doing the house chores. It’s the most daunting chore of the entire house and I prefer to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.
I used to get a sense of dread whenever I’d think about the effort I’ll have to put into scrubbing the shower. That is how I decided to reconsider my cleaning equipment and look for something that’ll make the job easier.
In my research, I realized that the market is flush with all kinds of shower scrubbers. To make it easier for you to decide which one is best, I’m going to share with you the 7 best shower scrubbers in the market. The buying guide will also help you know what to look for when deciding on the scrubber to go for.
Reviews of the Best Shower Scrubbers Are:
|1. Tilswall Cordless Spin Scrubber||Check Current Price|
|2. Homitt Electric Spin Scrubber||Check Current Price|
|3. WiMiUS 360 Degrees Electric Spin Scrubber||Check Current Price|
|4. Fox Trot Grout Brush with Long Handle||Check Current Price|
|5. NOVETE Cordless Shower Scrubber||Check Current Price|
|6. Fuller Brush Tile Grout E-Z Scrubber||Check Current Price|
|7. Oxo Good Grips Extendable Tub and Tile Scrubber||Check Current Price|
The Tilswall Cordless Spin Scrubber is the best electrical spin scrubber in the market. It has a rechargeable battery that gives the motorhead a spin of 300 RPM. It has a current of 12A to withstand the downward pressure when you use it with force. Though you may find adding the pressure unnecessary because the spinning is quite effective.
The battery comes with an over-charge and over-discharge protection feature. This safety feature protects the battery from damage which will give it a longer lifespan.
The stainless steel handle is the best in the market and can withstand extra pressure while cleaning. The multi-purpose and replaceable brushes come with long and thick bristles that don’t shed or scratch surfaces.
- 7V rechargeable battery that spins to 300 RPM
- Max working time of 180 minutes
- 4 multi-purpose brush heads
- Extended handle from 27.6″ – 43.3″
- Rechargeable battery that comes with over-charge and over-discharge protection with up to 3 hours of working time
- High-quality materials for durability and can withstand extra pressure without damage
- Long and thick bristles that scrub a wide variety of surfaces
- Some users found the scrubber to be too lightweight for heavy-duty cleaning
The best feature of this scrubber is the work time of up to 3 hours which is enough to clean all your showers in one charge. This is the longest work time that I’ve seen in the market and is three times as much as it’s competition. This scrubber has a rating of 4.6/5.
If you’re looking to spend the least amount of effort scrubbing your shower, then the Homitt Electric Spin Scrubber is a good option.
The scrubber features 2 rechargeable LG batteries that will give you up to 90 minutes of continuous scrubbing after charging. The spinning action is at 300 RPM will ensure quick dirt and stain removal. It comes with 4 waterproof cleaning brushes that combine to clean a wide variety of surfaces and materials.
Use the wide, flat brush to clean the floor and walls while the Corner brush head is for cleaning tile grout, corners, and tight spaces. The bristles are hard enough to thoroughly clean but also will not scratch your glass shower cubicles.
The handle has been upgraded to have an adjustable head angle. It flexes into different angles to enable the brushes to reach tight spaces. The stainless steel handle extends up to 45″ saving you a lot of back bending.
- Powerful 2*2150mah rechargeable LG batteries
- 4 interchangeable brush heads
- Extended handle to 45″ length
- Powerful motor power that deep cleans fast without pressure
- 4 detachable cleaning brushes to clean a variety of surfaces and materials.
- Sturdy, high-quality handle that comes with an adjustable angle head for deeper cleaning.
- Some users have reported charging problems with the scrubber. However, the manufacturer has good customer service and are quick to replace the faulty scrubbers.
What I love most about this scrubber is that it deep cleans with really little effort. It’s easy to handle and the batteries are quite superior to last as long as they do. I would recommend this scrubber to people with physical ailments who cannot put in a lot of effort while scrubbing. This scrubber gets a rating of 4.5/5.
If you require to get a better priced electric shower scrubber, then I would recommend the WiMiUS 360 Degrees Electric Spin Scrubber. Although it is better priced than the other scrubbers in the list, the manufacturer has maintained to have it made with high-quality materials and has added extra unique features.
- 3 parts high-quality handle
- 5 interchangeable quality brush heads
- Battery runtime of up to 70 minutes
- Made of high-quality ABE and TPS materials which make it durable
- The handle easily disassembles into 3 parts at the touch of a button.
- Has an extra interchangeable brush head made of stainless steel for heavy-duty cleaning
- Waterproof and be used in very wet conditions without a problem.
- The motor head is fixed and doesn’t adjust to any angle.
The WiMiUS scrubber is the best-waterproof scrubber in the market. The interchangeable brush heads compensate for the fact that the motor head is fixed. It’s good quality at a good price. This scrubber gets a rating of 4.5/5.
The Grout Brush with Long Handle is a lightweight scrubber that is going to make cleaning your shower easier. It features a telescopic handle that is adjustable to 55″ form 33″ which is long enough to reach the ceiling. This means that I don’t have to put a strain on my back and knees while scrubbing the floor, which I’ve had enough of.
The brush bristles are V-shaped to clean corners and the narrowest grout lines. The slim shaped head is another great feature in that it makes cleaning tight corners and spaces easy. The head also swivels for easy maneuvering and it just rinses off with water.
Some of the reviews in my research noted that the handle doesn’t take well to pressure while cleaning. The handle has a joint where it extends, so it’s recommended to hold the brush one hand above and one below this joint. This isn’t good considering that you’re buying the brush to avoid bending your back. The handle is sturdy enough but if you’re going to exert force while cleaning then I wouldn’t recommend this brush to you.
- Extendable telescopic handle
- V-shaped bristles that deep clean grout lines
- 180 degrees pivoting brush head
- Telescopic handle that ranges from 33″- 53″
- V-shaped bristles that clean even the thinnest grout lines
- Firm brush bristles that will bring the shine back to your tiles
- The handle is a bit lightweight and cannot withstand extra downward pressure
The brush works extremely well in cleaning the grim off of grout and tile surfaces with just regular cleaning agents. It cleans even old tiles with years of accumulated dirt. It’s bound to do wonders in your shower. This scrubber gets a rating of 4.5/5.
The NOVETE Cordless Shower Scrubber is one of the most powerful electric scrubbers in this list. It has a lithium-ion battery that is USB charged for 3.5 hours to give you up to 90 minutes of cleaning. Multiple battery protections such as protection in case of overheating are included to give the battery a long life. The scrubber can be charged from any micro USB port which allows you to charge it from anywhere.
The extension handle, which does not require any assembly, will smoothly extend to 43.3″ from 28.4″. The head is adjustable to 80 degrees and comes with 4 interchangeable brushes. The brush bristles are stiff and will retain their shape after multiple uses. When they do finally wear off, the brushes are readily available in the market at a good price.
- Powerful 4000mah Lithium-ion battery
- 4 interchangeable brush heads
- Extension handle that extends from 27.6″-43.3″
- Patented metal motor and gears
- Powerful motor to deliver deep cleaning performance even with stubborn dirt.
- Multiple safety protections to the motor and battery
- Durable bristles that retain their shape after multiple uses.
- The brush head is not as waterproof as they claim. Only the brushes are waterproof.
This scrubber comes with a superior copper core motor that will spin the head at 300 RPM. It will effortlessly remove hard water stains and grime and make your shower shine. The power from this motor is enough to remove stubborn stains without having to put in more downward pressure on the scrubber. This scrubber gets a rating of 4.3/5.
The Fuller Brush Tile Grout E-Z Scrubber is another good quality scrubber in the market. The scrubber is specially designed to clean tiled surfaces. The V-shaped bristles of the brush delicately and thoroughly clean grout, shower stalls and tiles. The brush can clean grime and stubborn stains quickly without too much pressure on the brush.
The scrubber is manufactured with high-quality materials that are durable and easy to maintain. Unlike most of the scrubbers I’ve come across in the market, the telescopic handle of this brush is tough. It will not bend or break even with pressure applied to it. You’ll be able to reach all the places in your shower by adjusting the handle to a comfortable length of 52″.
Although the handle is made of steel, it is also lightweight and like most scrubbers of this kind, it may snap if you use force on it.
- Pivoting brush head to various angles
- Telescopic handle that extends from 29″ to 52″
- Built-in hole for easy hanging on a hook
- Stiff bristles that are effective in scrubbing
- V-shaped bristles that clean corners, grout lines and around fittings.
- Telescopic lightweight handle that extends from 29″ – 52″
- Pivoting brush head to give you a range of motion when scrubbing shower walls and floors
- Some users reported poor after-sales service from the manufacturer.
The scrubber is very effective and efficient in scrubbing showers without leaving scratches. The stiff bristles of the brush are tapered to clean around plumbing fittings and deep grout lines effectively. This scrubber gets a 4.3/5 rating.
The Oxo Good Grips Scrubber is a multi-purpose scrubber that is very well priced for all the work that it does. It’s great for cleaning glass, tubs and tight shower spaces.
The scrubber head is made with an anti-microbial material that prevents the growth of mildew and mold in the scrubber. It is also easily replaceable and cost-friendly. The unique shape of the head allows it to scrub corners and recesses and pivots for scrubbing at different angles.
The handle extends from 26″ to 42″ that will reach most heights and is easily adjustable with just a quick twist.
This scrubber is great for its ability to clean grime and grout. It’s also great that it can clean acrylic and fiberglass without scratching, even though it’s quite abrasive.
The head is readily available in the market and it lasts quite a while before replacing. Also, the handle can withstand a bit of force without bending, maybe it’s because it is a few inches shorter than most of the other scrubbers.
Some users have noted that if you don’t drain the scrubber facing up or sideways, it doesn’t dry well and it causes rust inside the head. Therefore, it requires proper storage.
- A telescopic and sturdy handle that extends 26″ – 42″
- Anti-microbial scrubbing head that pivots to different angles
- Has a soft, non-slip grip even when wet.
- It can be used on different materials apart from tiles such as fiberglass and acrylic bathtubs.
- Telescopic, sturdy handle that features a soft, non-slip grip even when wet.
- Abrasive anti-microbial scrubber head with a unique shape
- Scrubber head is prone to rust if not stored properly
The scrubber features a sturdy handle that has a soft, non-slip grip even when wet which is a really neat feature. It gets a 4.2/5 rating.
Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Buying a Shower Scrubber
There are many scrubbers in the market and most of them have very similar features. So, it’s very easy to get overwhelmed unless you look in the details of the features that matter. To help you with that, I’ve listed the important details that you’ll need to consider when deciding which scrubber to go for.
The materials of the scrubber is a key determiner of the which scrubber to go for. The materials need to be top quality, durable, and effective. Also, because the shower is a wet area, the scrubbers need to be waterproof and rust-proof.
You wouldn’t want to end up having to buy a whole new scrubber because you couldn’t find a replacement part in the market.
Brushes and Bristles
The brush attachment needs to fit easily with the handle and the brush bristles need to be stiff and durable. The brushes should be able to dry completely so that mold doesn’t grow at the base of the bristles. Remember, the better the brush the less the effort you’ll have to put into scrubbing.
The handle needs to be a comfortable length so that you’re not straining your back with a kind of half bend because the handle is too short. An adjustable handle is recommended even though for the hand scrubbers, it will come with its fair share of pros and cons.
Motor Spin Of The Scrubber
If you are considering getting an electric spin scrubber, the quality of the motor is very important. The power output of the motor will determine how well the brushes scrub and if you’ll have to add some pressure on the scrubber to get results. A scrubber that spins faster will give you better results and also help you get the cleaning done faster.
For the electric spin scrubbers, how long the battery lasts will also determine how much work you can get done. Most of the electric scrubbers will give you at least 60 to 90 minutes although some high-quality scrubbers will give you 180 minutes.
Safety features to protect the battery should also be considered because it means that the battery has been built to last. The charging time of the battery is also a factor because you have to consider power efficiency. A short charging time combined with a long discharge time is ideal.
For me, customer service from the manufacturer counts just as much as the quality of the product. When I buy a scrubber, I want to know that the manufacturer will respond to any concerns that I have and that they’d be willing to replace it if it becomes faulty. Good customer service is an indication that the manufacturer is confident about their product.
There are electric scrubbers and the ordinary scrubbers that are available in the market. Getting a scrubber with an extended handle will save you a lot of back pain and bruised knees. Getting an electric shower scrubber has the added advantage of saving you time cleaning. I hope that this review has made shopping for a shower scrubber a lot easier.
I found the Tilswall Cordless Spin Scrubber to be the most efficient shower scrubber in the market. It has a sturdy handle and it is very effective in deep cleaning. The deal maker for me was that I could now clean my shower with the least amount of effort. That and all its other great features make it a good value for money.