Bathtubs can make or break the look and functionality of your bathroom. It is one of the most important fixtures you will integrate in this space, so take the time to consider the right time that will suit your needs.
You can choose from a plethora of options and types but which one you should choose will depend on which of the benefits they offer seem the most useful to you. Arguably one of the best types of tubs today is the freestanding tub. It offers unique benefits unmatched by the other types of bathtubs.
We did all the work for you and searched the market for the best freestanding tubs. Find out which of the products out there have the best features and are the most comfortable to use. Check out our recommendations below.
Benefits of Freestanding Tubs
Here are the reasons why you should ultimately choose freestanding tubs in your bathroom:
1. Flexibility when it comes to installation and usage.
Unlike other types of tubs that might have a specification when it comes to installation, the freestanding tub does not. That means you can freely place it anywhere you want in the room. The alcove tub, for instance, should only be placed in the “alcove” area of a bathroom, which is basically an area with three walls. The tub will be ensconced by the three walls and then the front can be closed by a glass window or even a shower curtain.
With a freestanding tub, you can place it anywhere. If there is a specific spot in the room that you prefer, you can integrate this with ease.
2. These tubs come in different shapes and sizes.
It is easier to create the look you want in your bathroom with the help of these freestanding tubs. That is because they come in different shapes and sizes that will allow you to find the design and style that will be most suitable in the space you are creating.
Are you going for that minimalist look? There are oval freestanding tubs or those that are double-walled with a simple but striking design that will work. Do you want a vintage style bathroom? There are more ornate pieces that you can find. You can even go for the clawfoot ones that instantly inject class to a bathroom.
3. You can choose from a wide range of materials.
Because there are more choices when it comes to these freestanding tubs, you also have more options when it comes to materials. That gives you the opportunity to choose materials that will truly last for a long time.
Cast iron freestanding tubs are ideal because they are long-lasting, and they tend to retain heat longer. Acrylic freestanding tubs are also a great alternative when it comes to heat retention. With more materials to choose from, you will be able to find a freestanding tub that is easy to maintain and can resist wear and tear easily.
4. These tubs offer space-saving benefits.
Unlike built-in tubs that tend to occupy such a big space, these freestanding tubs tend to have better space-saving benefits. They don’t occupy a big footprint just like those built-in tubs, hence giving the illusion of a much bigger space.
Best Freestanding Tubs 2019
Let us introduce you to the best freestanding tubs with the most impressive benefits and features:
- ARIEL Platinum AM128JDCLZ Whirlpool Bathtub
- FerdY 67-inch Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub
- Wyndham Collection Soho 72 inch Freestanding Bathtub
- American Standard Cadet Freestanding Tub
Find out more about the features of these freestanding tubs:
1. ARIEL Platinum AM128JDCLZ Whirlpool Bathtub
Relax while enjoying what advanced technology has to offer with this freestanding tub made from acrylic and reinforced with fiberglass material. This tub is your ally in relieving all those sore muscles and aching back with its hydro-massage system that has been incorporated with Whirlpool jets for 14 multidirectional benefits. It also comes with 6 water flow settings, so you can customize the water being expelled from this tub.
Create that spa-like mood in your own bathroom with its LED chromotherapy lighting. This unit comes with a chrome waterfall faucet and also includes drain fixtures already.
- This is a great-looking tub. It has a design and size that works seamlessly even in smaller bedrooms.
- We like all the advanced features of this tub including the touch-sensitive LCD control panel where you can access its chromatherapy lighting feature and turn on the FM radio.
- It is the best for soaking after a very long and tiring day, thanks to its 14 whirlpool jets that massages your body and gets rid of those pressure points.
- This unit is made from acrylic material reinforced with fiberglass for extra durability.
- It already comes with everything you need for installation such as waterfall faucet and the drain fixtures.
- The LED chromotherapy lighting truly adds that special touch as it creates a spa-like atmosphere in the bathroom.
- Although this tub looks very compact, it actually is roomy enough for two people to fit in it comfortably.
- There were customers who commended Ariel’s prompt customer service.
- This might require professional installation because of the additional wirings.
2. FerdY 67-inch Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub
Prepare to be smitten with the elegant design of this tub. It is made from durable acrylic material with a glossy white finish for easier maintenance. No dirt or scum can cling to the surface of this tub, making it easier to use. It injects more elegance into your bathroom with its classy oval shape.
It has all the basic features you need in a tub including a double drain and an overflow. It prevents water from spilling out. The tub is also deep enough for soaking. Relax and unwind while you let warm water ease up the tension and stress in your body.
- This tub is gorgeous. The minimalist design still easily makes a statement in any room.
- It has a good size that even taller and wider people will find comfortable to use. There is a lot of room to stretch out.
- The unique design allows you to sit back and relax comfortably. It feels so comfortable that you might sleep in it.
- The manufacturing company made this tub easier to install. It includes everything you already need for installation. It also includes overflow and a drain assembly already.
- Some said the drain connector is made from a plastic material that might break easily. It is also a bit more expensive than the other freestanding tubs.
3. Wyndham Collection Soho 72 inch Freestanding Bathtub
A tub is for increasing comfort and relieving pain. But not all tubs out there are really comfortable to use. This one from Wyndham though is created for such a purpose. It delivers optimum comfort with its ergonomic and deep shape that makes way for complete immersion.
This tub is made from acrylic material, which is ideal if you want something that can withstand wear and tear. The base is adjustable to find the most accurate level for complete stability. Included in your purchase is a pop-up drain that is cable-driven and a waste overflow. You will have to get a separate tub filler for it.
- You will love the simple but functional design of this tub. It is very comfortable, so you can sit back and relax and leave all your worries behind. The tub is deep enough for completely soaking. It is also roomy enough to accommodate 2 persons.
- It comes with an adjustable base. Installation is easier because you can stabilize this unit with ease.
- The manufacturing company backs this up with a 2-year limited warranty.
- This tub is made from strong acrylic material to withstand wear and tear. It can last many years of usage.
- It is not as heavy as other tubs out there. You can install it on the second floor of your house with ease.
- You can secure it to any surface without the need for drilling. There are nice large panels at the base part of the tub to keep it anchored to the floor.
- Installing the drain and the p-trap will require access underneath your flooring.
4. American Standard Cadet Freestanding Tub
Punctuate the modern style of your bathroom with this freestanding tub from American Standard. The thick and sleek design and shape of this tub makes way for easier immersion. It is made from high-gloss acrylic-capped ABS material that has been reinforced with fiberglass for added durability.
The bottom of this tub is pre-leveled, so you can’t adjust it. However, you can easily install it as it has already been leveled for you. It comes with a freestanding tub filler that also features a hand spray and a drain.
- This is a gorgeous tub that has a deep basin, perfect for soaking and complete immersion. The walls are thick enough to hold your bath supplies.
- This has a generally solid look and feel to it. It is made from acrylic material reinforced with fiberglass for added durability.
- All the accessories you need to install this unit is already included.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Some said it is not as heavy as they wanted.
Which One Should You Get?
Has All the Bells and Whistles: ARIEL Platinum AM128JDCLZ Whirlpool Bathtub. Impress yourself and the guests coming over at your house with this freestanding tub that has everything you need in a tub. It comes with Whirlpool jets for a relaxing hydrotherapy and even has a radio and mood lighting for that complete spa effect.
Beautiful but Simple Design: FerdY 67-inch Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub. Don’t want something too ornate? Get this one. It has a simple and minimalist design that will easily work in any space. It also has a good size that is great for soaking and immersing.
Excellent Ergonomics: Wyndham Collection Soho 72 inch Freestanding Bathtub. This tub offers the best comfort. You can soak in it for hours and not worry about discomforts. It is also big and roomy enough for 2 people.
Thicker Walls: American Standard Cadet Freestanding Tub. This tub has thick walls. You can use the top to hold more of your bath supplies. It is also solidly built and comes complete with the accessories needed for installation.
Factors to Keep in Mind When Buying Freestanding Tubs
When buying freestanding tubs, make sure you keep the following factors in mind:
Style. The first thing you should consider is style. What would work better in your space? Which of the bathtub styles out there will blend in well with the design you already have in your bathroom? You should try browsing different selections of freestanding tub designs and then print them out. Try to visualize having that tub in the space, so you can determine whether this is truly a design that you will like.
Capacity. How many gallons of water can it accommodate? Will you be able to completely immerse your body? Can it accommodate taller or wider people? Some buyers may also look for a tub that accommodates two people. Check the capacity and determine whether it has enough room for you to move around or whether you can do full immersion in it.
Material. Pick the right material that you know will allow you to get more usage out of your tub. Choose materials that retain heat well, so you can soak in your bath longer during those tiring days. Also make sure the material can resist corrosion and has antibacterial or anti-molds properties.
Features. Look for additional features. If you want to turn your bathroom into your own personal spa, you would want to look for freestanding tubs with additional features such as whirlpool functions or spa jets to massage the body and get rid of those pressure sores. Some tubs even come with mood lighting to enhance the spa-like feel in the bathroom.
Comfort. Find out how well-designed the bathtub in. Will you be able to sit in the tub and then lean back comfortably? Does it have a good shape where you can just easily get the comfort you need?
Price. Compare prices. Usually, how high the price is depends on the material. Freestanding tubs are typically more expensive than your regular built-in tub, but you already have everything you need here. You don’t need to spend more money in building a platform or in tiling work.
Customer Support. Make sure it is backed by a good customer service. If the tub is delivered broken, they should have an easy return policy.
What to Do Next?
Learn more about the different materials used in making tubs. Check out our homepage to find out which tub materials would provide the benefits you are looking for.