Choose the right accessories for your bathroom as they can punctuate the style of this space. Bathroom mirrors, for instance, go a long way when it comes to injecting more style into a bathroom.
Now, with the cornucopia of choices out there, you might find yourself overwhelmed. It can seem overwhelming, especially when presented with so many choices. Which one should you get? What would work in your bathroom?
Let us help you out with that. Keep on reading to find out our recommendations on the best bathroom mirrors and find out which styles of mirrors out there would be suitable in specific bathroom spaces.
In this Guide
- Best Bathroom Mirrors Reviews
- Different Types of Bathroom Mirrors
- Which One Should You Get?
- Tips in Buying Bathroom Mirrors
- What to Do Next?
Best Bathroom Mirrors Reviews
|#1 Tangkula Frameless Vanity Mirror|
Sleek & Contemporary Design
|#2 Hamilton Hills Contemporary Brushed Metal Wall Mirror|
|#3 Alice LED Backlit Mirror|
|#4 Renewed Décor & Storage Shiplap Large Wood Framed Mirror|
Sometimes MIssing Screws
1. Tangkula Frameless Vanity Mirror
Make a statement in your modern bathroom with the help of this vanity mirror. It has a rectangular shape that gives off a clean vibe, thanks to its frameless glass that also boasts of a wide edge. This mirror is made from high-quality MDF material and durable glass, so you can be assured that it will last long in your home. It isn’t bulky but punctuates the look of a sleek and contemporary bathroom.
It features Moment to Clean functions, which basically means you can clean with just wiping its surface. Stains do not stay on its surface. It is also made from a material that is lightweight, so you can find a place to hang it easily.
- This mirror really draws attention due to its frameless appearance. It blends in seamlessly in contemporary settings.
- It has a durable design. The mirror is made from high-quality materials that can last for a long time. It is also resistant to scratches and stains, so you won’t have trouble keeping it in great shape.
- It is surprisingly lightweight. With only 15.5 lbs. of weight, you won’t have trouble putting it up over your vanity counter in the bathroom. It is also easy to carry, so transport shouldn’t be too difficult. It also has a good weight to it that you can just prop it over a wall if you don’t want to mount it.
- It assembles easily.
- This product is backed by a customer guarantee.
- There were only issues about how their product arrived broken. It can be returned if this happens.
2. Hamilton Hills Contemporary Brushed Metal Wall Mirror
It’s all in the details, they say and what better way to make your bathroom look more elegant than adding this bathroom mirror? Its rounded corners and gold metal frame will surely inject more style and class into your bathroom. The mirror has a floating look to it because of the gap between it and the frame. This makes the mirror look more interesting.
This mirror is built to last. The manufacturing company made use of custom inlaid installation where the mirror is protected by the framing. Aside from the screws and wall hardware that you can use to hang it, it also comes with D-ring hanging clips for more secure installation.
- The manufacturer takes pride in their quality construction. This has undergone an 8-point inspection to truly check its quality and build. You can be assured that the mirror you will receive is really of excellent quality.
- This mirror is suitable in contemporary bathrooms because of its clean lines and metal framing. The mirror itself even has a unique “floating” look to it. That will surely become a design point in the bathroom.
- This product is backed with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- It comes with all hanging hardware. In fact, it already has a slimline re-installed already.
- It has a solid wood backing that provides more stability to the mirror. This makes the mirrorless predisposed to warping.
- This mirror is quite heavy. You really need to secure it with a stud.
3. Alice LED Backlit Mirror
Perhaps one of the best mirrors you can buy today is this one. It has all the bells and whistles that can transform a bland space into a beautiful one. This mirror may look simple but try switching it on and it gives you all the features you might be looking for.
It has a backlit function supported by LED lighting. You can light up your vanity area better with this one. The lighting function is also dimmable with just a touch of a button. It also features an anti-fog function. Once the LED light is switched on, the anti-fog function also turns on.
- The dimmable lighting function of this mirror is commendable. Simply touch the button for 3 seconds and you can then make it dimmer or brighter to suit your personal needs. It can go as bright as 1800LM. You can also hardwire it, so you can use a switch to turn it on or off.
- The anti-fog function is a nice feature. You never have to deal with foggy mirrors again after bathing.
- Installation is easier for this mirror. You can install it horizontally or vertically, whatever suits the space you have intended for it.
- This is a nice and beautiful bathroom mirror that is more suitable for modern bathroom setup.
- Some people said it is not as big as they expected it to be.
4. Renewed Décor & Storage Shiplap Large Wood Framed Mirror
Inject some warmth in the bathroom with the help of this feature that has shiplap framing. The traditional building material creates a more interesting space and works so well with farmhouse or vintage style setting. You can choose from different wood colors such as Golden Oak, Red Oak, English Chestnut, Colonial Maple and so on. It is actually made from pine wood and painted with oil paint.
- This mirror has exceptional quality and build. It has been hand-made by expert craftsmen. The frame has been distressed and painted.
- The mirror is secured by an acrylic adhesive. You can also be assured that the frame will last long. They use to pocket hole screws to keep it secure.
- You can choose from an array of colors. If you are going for a specific color scheme or design in your bathroom, you can easily find the one you are looking for with this.
- You can hang it vertically or horizontally.
- There were a few customers who said their purchase did not come complete with all the hanging screws.
Different Types of Bathroom Mirrors
Go beyond the dated medicine cabinet mirror and choose other more striking styles such as the following:
Framed mirrors are quite a staple in home design. But while they might be a basic style, you actually have plenty of options to choose from. Their frames can come in different materials and designs. There are the shiplap or wood frames that work so well in vintage bathroom settings. There are the polished ones with metal frames that seems to be more suitable for contemporary settings. Some are ornate and even come with engravings.
Framed mirrors are great when trying to draw attention to this vanity area of the room. You can choose a more detailed framing for the mirror to capture attention.
There are mirrors that come with built-in lighting. There could be LED strips or bulbs placed behind the mirror to give an illuminated frame to it. Usually, the light is the frame of the mirror. This can be a good option in a vanity area that tends to be darker than the rest of the space. If you need more lighting in this area but don’t fancy adding too many recessed lights, a lighted mirror can be a good option.
These mirrors have dual functions. They have a ledge where you can store your vanity products such as perfumes, powders and other beauty products. This is a good option if you lack storage or counter space in your bathroom. If there isn’t too much room to display your beauty products, go for the ledge mirror. It is a great accompaniment to the simple pedestal sink. You can also use the ledge to display small decorative items like small potted plants.
This mirror does not come with anything on it. It is just a mirror that you hang on a wall. In some cases, there are designs drawn on the corners of the mirror itself. It has a minimalist panache and works well in contemporary settings.
These mirrors are usually flexible. They can be tilted to accommodate the needs of the users. They are mounted on the wall and operated using the two hinges added to it. This can be a good choice if there isn’t a lot of room in the bathroom or there are more users of the vanity area.
We checked out the various options out there and here are the ones we think are the most ideal choices:
- Tangkula Frameless Vanity Mirror
- Hamilton Hills Contemporary Brushed Metal Wall Mirror
- Alice LED Backlit Mirror
- Renewed Décor & Storage Shiplap Large Wood Framed Mirror
Which One Should You Get?
Now which of these products should you buy?
Simple and Minimalist Bathrooms: Tangkula Frameless Vanity Mirror. Go for this one if you want a simple set-up. It is also more ideal for small bathrooms where too much clutter can make the space look stifling. With its frameless appearance, this mirror should be able to provide you with that seamless look.
Exceptional Quality: Hamilton Hills Contemporary Brushed Metal Wall Mirror. This is the mirror to look for if you want something elegant and has metal frames. But aside from its beauty, this mirror is a great buy because of how well-made it is.
Chock Full of Features: Alice LED Backlit Mirror. This mirror has a lot of modern features including an LED backlit that has dimmable functions. It also has an anti-fog function that comes handy when taking a warm bath and using the mirror right after.
Vintage Style: Renewed Décor & Storage Shiplap Large Wood Framed Mirror. This is the mirror you should get if you are going for a vintage style. It has an old world appeal that lends more charm into your space.
You will find more bathroom essentials on this page.
Tips in Buying Bathroom Mirrors
Pay extra attention to this corner of your bathroom. The bathroom you choose could end up destroying the look of the space or tying it together. To make sure you achieve the latter, here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Take the overall aesthetic of the space into consideration.
A mirror with a wooden framing might look off in a contemporary style bathroom or even an industrial one. Go with the theme. If you have a modern bathroom, look for modern mirrors such as those with metal frames or the ones pivot ones. If you have a more vintage set-up, frames that are more ornate or the wooden ones can inject more character.
2. Think about size and scale.
If it is too small, it might defeat the purpose of buying a mirror. If it is too big, that just might be all you see in the bathroom. Measure the space you have intended for the mirror and determine how big a mirror would work. If you are going for the framed variety, include the frame in your measurements.
3. Find a balance between form and function.
Aside from aesthetics, also make sure the mirror is functional. Check the quality of the mirror to make sure it isn’t distorted. Also make sure you can clean it easily. A more ornate piece may have lots of grooves that can collect dirt.
4. Choose materials that can last long in the bathroom.
Keep in mind that the bathroom usually has high moisture levels. That said, moisture can penetrate the materials of the mirror and can cause corrosion or rotting. If you are choosing wood material, it should be treated, so that it can resist rotting. If it is made from metal, make sure it doesn’t corrode easily.
5. It should work with the lighting you have chosen.
If you are also installing sconces and this will be placed on both sides of the mirror, choose mirrors that will go well with the design of the lighting. That way, you can create a cohesive look in your vanity area.
These are just some of the things you need to consider. Also take quality and price into consideration.
What to Do Next?
Make your bathroom into your own personal oasis. Visit our homepage and find out what else you can buy to make your bathroom look more relaxing.