Here is one thing you need to know: Shower shoes are majorly unisex, so long as the brand you are going for stocks in your shoe size and of course, preferred color. So, if you happen to use public showers often in places such as the gym, spas, or a social club, shower shoes are your best bet against discomfort while reducing your risk of exposure to bacteria and other infections.
We have curated a list of some of the best deals to look out for when shopping for new shower shoes. Remember: The first quality of a great pair would be how easy it is to wear!
The 9 Best Shower Shoes Are:
|1. The Vifuur Water Sports Shoes||Check Current Price|
|2. Crocs Classic Clog Casual Water Shoe||Check Current Price|
|3. Nike Men's Benassi Just Do It Athletic Sandal||Check Current Price|
|4. Adidas Men Adilette Shower Slides And Adidas Women Adilette Aqua Slides||Check Current Price|
|5. Shower Sandals by SheValues||Check Current Price|
|6. Showaflops Mens' Antimicrobial Shower & Water Sandals||Check Current Price|
|7. UNDER ARMOR Men's Locker III Slide Sandal||Check Current Price|
|8. Secure SRSS-1M Slip Resistant Shower Shoes||Check Current Price|
|9. Finleoo Lightweight Women/Men’s Non-slip Shower Sandals||Check Current Price|
1. The Vifuur Water Sports Shoes — Best Overall Product
Also called Vifuur Aqua socks, these shower shoes are specific about taste and variety while meeting the more functional needs of a massive target market. Not only is it great for showers and bathrooms, but it is also the perfect companion for boating trips, swimming, kayaking, and other water activities.
It is rare to see a pair of shower shoes so snug in its fit yet easy to wear. This can be attributed to the stretchiness of its fabric, a merging of functionality and style. Also, when you wear these in public showering spaces, you are assured of extra protection for your feet because the shoes look and feel exactly like its name implies: a pair of socks. However, unlike regular socks, this one lets your feet breathe as it is like walking barefoot. This means you can use them as house shoes.
It turns out that some pairs are narrower than others. This means that if you have wider feet, it is safer to go for the plain black shoes. If you must go for the colored pairs, get them a size bigger.
- Manufacturer: Vifuur
- Product dimension: 8 x 4 x 1 inches
- Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Material: Elastic fabric
- Sole Material: Rubber
- Available in ranging sizes for men, women, and children
- Fine, stretchy and breathable fabric
- It is made of high-grade elastic rubber that makes it uber comfortable and easy to carry around
- Designed to protect your toenails and ensure your safety throughout
- Easy to dry and Lightweight feel for long-lasting wear
- Stylish and aesthetically pleasing
- Some pairs come in smaller sizes than their counterparts in the same size range, making them difficult to wear for people with wider feet.
The versatility of the vifuur water shoes/ aqua socks is what puts it at the top of our recommended list for shower shoes. If you love style, functionality, and protection as well as a good adventure, then you would want to try these.
The first thing that makes you fall in love with a pair of crocs is its unconventionality. Safe to say that the crocs fashion is an authentic movement, functional enough to serve as your everyday shower sandals yet catchy enough to earn your second glances and compliments.
Crocs are super comfortable and so flexibly designed that it appeals to men, women, boys, and girls. The keyword for this style is easy, and this ease comes in many bright colors and eccentric patterns too!
The downside is that It is not as lightweight as your regular shower shoes. Also, its bulk makes it more difficult to carry about.
- Manufacturer: Lyndon “Duke” Hanson and George Boedecker Jr.
- Weight: 11 – 16 ounces (Varies)
- Material: Rubber foam
- Slip-on fastener
- Available in varying sizes for men and women
- Highly fashionable
- Works as both shower sandals and for outdoor wear
- Easy to clean
- Breathable, quick-dry fabric
- It takes up too much space because of its bulkiness and so is difficult to carry about.
Crocs make it possible for you to make fashion statements in a place as random as a public bathing facility. It is a conversation starter as well as a top choice for comfort. Also, from the way it is tailored, you can easily tell that its durability is top-notch.
3. Nike Men’s Benassi Just Do It Athletic Sandal — Best Value Product
The Nike brand “does it” for a lot of people and we couldn’t agree more! This is why it’s Benassi Athletic sandals are on our list of highly recommended shower shoes. Made for comfort with soft jersey material and midsole foam, this pair provides a rich and familiar wearing experience. Familiar because most people identify with the popular Nike logo and coupled with all the Nike ads we know and love, it’s hard not to step in these shower sandals without feeling super athletic.
Popularity aside, these shower sandals offer you good value for your money because they make gliding around the shower stalls so seamless and easy. Its luxurious feel is second to none and we bet the sports enthusiasts would love it!
Although it is advertised as a men’s sandal, some pairs fit too snugly even on women, and it may easily wear out with prolonged active use.
- Manufacturer: Nike
- Product dimensions: 14 x 5 x 5 inches
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Material: Jersey
- Sole Material: Synthetic
- Midsole material: Foam
- Synthetic leather strap
- Gives you a satisfying and premium sporty feel
- Mid-sole made with foam to cushion your feet for maximum comfort
- Easy to move about in
- Some sizes are too narrow for a men’s sandal
- It wears out easily with prolonged use
This pair is definitely worth a try. Hence, we will advise that you (we cannot use this phrase enough) JUST DO IT.
Characterized by the white-and-black striped excellence of the Adidas brand in male and female, these slides are a great suggestion if you are looking to get matching pairs for you and your significant other. What’s more, both pairs work as unisex so long as you can find them in your exact shoe size.
We like the maximum comfort it provides while in and out of the shower. Adidas slides will forever be a classic.
The only downside is that It is quite fancy and thus not meant for prolonged active use because it is likely to wear and tear.
- Manufacturer – Adidas
- Product dimension: 14.6 x 10.8 x 6 inches
- Weight – 2.45 ounces
- Leather sole
- Cloudfoam Plus footbed to cushion your feet
- Maximum comfort
- Gives you an overall premium sporty experience
- Can be easily susceptible to wear and tear
The Adidas Adilette pair for men and women is recommended for you if you like a whimsical pair and do not really worry about its durability
These quick-drying shower sandals come in warm colors like powder blue, light grey, and pink, as well as navy blue. Designed with drain holes spread out on its body to quickly get rid of excess water, this pair is a worthy shower companion.
These shower sandals may be soft, but they are not weak. They can reduce the stress on your feet and are comfortable to wear anywhere.
While its unique drain hole feature feels like such a great idea, it does not ensure maximum safety because while in the shower stalls, the holes tend to send stagnant water back up your feet and exposes you to infection.
- Material- High elastic EVA
- Sole material: Rubber
- Unique drain holes to speed up quick drying
- Provides the much-needed support for your feet
- Lightweight and soft
- Immediate wearing comfort
- Its drain holes can work negatively by collecting stagnant water from public showers and increasing your risk of infection.
While it may not be your best bet for safety, these shower sandals make for easy wear, durable, and offering the maximum support and comfort you require when around water.
Designed for the stylish, these shower sandals are also made specifically to lock out germs while using public shower facilities. In addition to the intricately designed drain holes across its body, it is layered with antimicrobial properties and features a slip-resistant sole to provide all-round safety.
If you haven’t already guessed, we love a pair that is as stylish as it is effective. However, what stands out in these shower sandals is its antimicrobial effect. Nothing beats the idea of stepping into your shoes in one of those public shower rooms and knowing that they are built specifically to fight germs.
It is not the most comfortable pair as the drainage holes in the soles tend to dig into your feet. Also, it sometimes does not come in top quality.
- Material: EVA and Rubber
- Unique drainage holes
- Antimicrobial layers
- Available in sizes 7-14
- Antimicrobial layers
- Unique drain holes
- Non-slip: Slip-resistant soles
- Available in fun styles and colors
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor wear
- The holes in the soles make for a slight discomfort especially when you are out of the shower
- Not always of top-notch quality
We cannot overemphasize the wonder of this product’s antimicrobial properties. It is its key redeeming feature and definitely worthy to try.
Embellished with a formidable-looking logo that brings to mind some of your most-loved comic superhero characters, this pair is urban, comfortable, edgy with masculinity, and makes for easy wear.
These sandals do not absorb water and dry twice as fast. Its outsoles, footbed, and strap are specifically created for this purpose.
Depending on how tall or big you are, a clear disadvantage is that they run in super large and wide sizes. This means they are better suited for bigger-sized and tall people.
- Manufacturer – Under Armor
- Product dimensions – 0.4 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches
- Weight – 13.6 ounces
- Material: Ethylene Vinyl Acetate
- Sole material – Rubber
- Dries twice as fast
- Built to keep water away from your foot
- Runs only in too-large sizes
We love the easy sporty feel that Under Armor gives you, but if you are a smaller-sized person, only get these if oversized slip-ons are your thing.
Modeled to look like ballet shoes, it is important to note that these shoes work for men and women and live up to its name, providing topmost security. It minimizes your risk of slipping on wet surfaces and features a heavy-duty grooved sole to prevent injuries in case of a fall.
This product has been independently tested and proven to be completely slip-resistant in showers.
If you are going for quick-dry fabric which is usually the safer option, these shoes do not dry easily. Also, they tend to get slippery outside the shower.
- Manufacturer- Secure
- Weight – 4 ounces
- Material – Nylon mesh
- Slip-resistant in shower rooms
- Heavy-duty grooved soles to prevent injury if you fall
- Soft, comfortable, and protective nylon mesh material
- Easy to put on
- Does not dry easily
- Slippery outside the shower
We recommend this product for its slip-resistant components and premium nylon mesh fabric feel.
This brand is well known for designing slip-ons that work indoors and outdoors, and this product with its anti-slip sole prevents you from slipping while in and out of a shower.
It enhances your wearing and walking experience by taking pressure off your feet and keeping them encased and secure.
As for downsides, the soles are floppy and tend to bend backwards with Constant use. Also, they run in small sizes.
- Manufacturer- Finleoo
- Product dimensions – 2 x 2 x 0.8 inches
- Weight – 5.3 ounces
- Unique design
- Works indoors and outdoors
- Floppy soles
- Runs in small sizes
These shower sandals are great for what they are meant to be, and a good bet for other activities around the house as well as the outdoors.
Buying Guide For Picking Shower Shoes
Rumors have it that it’s better to use your regular flip-flops in public showers instead of spending money on a new fancy pair of shower shoes. You may disregard.
Regular flip-flops may be cheaper by far and more accessible to purchase but as a showering companion, they are not the first choice. This is because they usually don’t offer a strong grip and are better suited to the outdoors than on the tiled floors of a bathroom. On the other hand, some shower shoes can be used indoors and outdoors.
However, if you are still in the process of deciding which pair of shower shoes you want to purchase, try using your flip-flops in public showers as a temporary fix.
Why Use Shower Shoes?
Perhaps, we have not effectively answered the question of WHY you need shower shoes. First, when you are in your own bathroom, chances are you don’t want to shower with anything on, not even a pair of shoes. We get it. However, we have curated some amazing benefits and value that these slip-ons will be bringing you.
- At some point in your life, you may find that you must use a public shower. For instance, in hospitals, gyms, spas, dormitories, social clubs, and even offices. The list goes on and on. Sharing intimate space with other strangers in places where you wash away dirt from your body exposes you to an astounding number of bacterial and fungal infections like Athlete’s foot and onychomycosis. Imagine avoiding all these many health risks because you purchased a pair of slip-ons for a few bucks.
- Shower rooms are a potential breeding ground for mold and algae, no matter how often you clean them. Now, the exposure is thrice as high in a communal bathing facility. Shower shoes help keep your feet and health in check, to a large extent.
- There is a slimy and squeamish feeling that comes with using shared shower stalls. Donning your shower shoes does a good job of reducing the irritation and making you feel more secure.
Hold on. Not so fast.
Before you go out and purchase these new rave slip-ons, you may want to answer the following questions:
- Do you have a low immunity system? (Because if you do, it may be best to stick to your own bathroom. This means that you should go straight home after that steamy gym session.)
- Do you need a pair of shower shoes? (Chances are you seldom visit places that require you use a public shower facility. Turns out you may have no need for this pair at all.)
- Do I want a fashion statement or a pair for practical use? (Shower shoes are not inexpensive. When going for an option, choose the one that is more functional than stylish. It is more value for your money).
How To Choose Shower Shoes
We have shared our top nine with you, but what if you walk into a store one day and see a completely different pair of shower shoes that you like?
Here are some tips on what to look out for to help you make the best decision:
If you put your feet into a pair and find that they are not comfortable, chances are they will always be uncomfortable. Don’t make a purchase based on a seller’s promises. Your comfort is key.
If you go shopping for these shoes, take a test stroll around in a pair or two if you can, to be sure that they are non-slip/slip-resistant.
Trust us, you do not want to be walking about in a pair of soggy shoes. Ensure that whatever pair you’re buying does not absorb water and dries as fast as possible.
Make sure to get a pair that won’t fall apart in the shower
Ease of Wear
It is always best to get a pair of shower shoes that you can take on and off whenever you want to without stress.
One disadvantage of using shower shoes is the fact that most of the manufacturers favor style over functionality. Ensure you get a pair that allows to you wash your feet easily during usage.
When buying online, look out for the customer reviews
Tips For Using Shower Shoes
- Just as shower shoes fight for the protection of your feet, they also need protection from the bacteria they are getting dipped into. Ensure you clean thoroughly and regularly with antibacterial chemicals.
- While a lot of shower shoes are also great for outdoor use, you may want to get two different pairs to serve each purpose hence, reducing the exposure of your shower shoes to more dirt and grime. Use shower shoes strictly for water activities.
- Keep them dry always.
- Store in cool, dry places. If you can get a bit of air on them, then that is the preferred storage option.
- Do not share – Advice your friends to get their own pairs if need be. It is healthier for both parties.
Proceed to brush with a clean cloth or even an old toothbrush. When they are successfully cleaned, rinse in another bucket and dry in the sun. They will be as sparkly as new.
What You Probably Didn’t Know About Shower Shoes
Contrary to what most people think, shower shoes have been around for a pretty long time, as far back as the ’60s. It was first seen when the Adidas company invented the adilette pair which happens to be in our top nine recommended list. Later on, in the ’90s, it came into mainstream fashion and began to be regarded as stylish.
The 2000s transformed what was initially seen as a faux pas into an original fashion movement, with iconic personalities like Mark Zuckerberg showing up to work in his shower shoes.
Today, shower shoes are even much cooler with more brands like Nike, Vifuur, and Under Armor stocking up on new designs. Other Brands like the Crocs take it a notch further with edgier patterns, colors, and styles. These days, people wear shower shoes anywhere.
This brings us to our most recommended pair in this list, the Vifuur Water Sports Shoes. First, it is a multi-faceted treasure but as you have read, it offers all that and much more. To iterate, this is why the Vifuur water sports shoes stand out:
- It is a pair that can combine the superpowers of a snug fit and functional wear at the same time. Most shower shoes usually do one or the other
- Encasing your feet in comfortable, breathable fabric is, in our opinion, a prerequisite to self-love. Like we said earlier, the Vifuur water sports shoe/aqua socks truly lives up to its name. It feels like walking barefoot, but with triple-dose protection.
- As expected, this pair is totally slip-resistant and perfect for walking around slippery surfaces.
- Not only is it fashioned out of breathable fabric, but it also does not absorb water and dries quickly.
- What is a great pair if it isn’t long-lasting? This pair is still your best bet
- Although it is shaped like a sock and unlike most regular sports shoes, it is surprisingly easy to wear.
- It is practical for all water activities, which gives you triple the value for your money.
Whether you’re looking for a comfy shower shoe to wear in a bathroom or a sandal you can wear around the house, there are 8 other quality options above to choose from. If you won’t settle for anything but the best, Vifuur Water Sport Shoes tick all the boxes.